Mackie 1642VLZ3 Compact Mixing Desk/Console (As New)This item has been opened. It is as new and complete but has been shipped to a customer, opened and returned as unwanted.
It comes with a full warranty.
The re-engineered Mackie 1642-VLZ3 has the same features and functionality of its predecessor but with even greater headroom than the original. Mackie have also redesigned the Mix Bus and made significant enhancements to the EQs, giving the 1642-VLZ3 a more intuitive and musical feel.
- New ultra-low noise VLZ3 design with highest possible headroom
- 10 studio-grade XDR2™ Extended Dynamic Range mic preamps with phantom power
- 16 high-headroom line inputs (4 stereo pairs, 8 mono)
- Control Room/Phones multi-input source matrix with separate level controls
- Balanced 1/4 inch inputs and outputs (except inserts)
- New Multi-Voltage power supply for worldwide use
- Includes Tracktion 3™ Music Production Software for Mac or PC
- Read More
Mackie 1642VLZ3 Compact Mixing Desk
The 1642-VLZ3's three unique channel strip formats allow you to input and shape any kind of signal, including mic, line and stereo instruments. Whether you need a live mixing board for club work, or a full-featured workhorse for home and studio recording, you owe it to yourself to check out the Mackie 1642-VLZ3.
Vastly Superior Xdr2™ Mic Preamps
The new XDR2 (Extended Dynamic Range) second-generation mic preamps are better than ever. They offer incredibly low noise, with individual mic pre THD below 0.0007%, and overall mixer THD less than 0.0025%. With 60dB of available gain per channel, the 1642-VLZ3 can handle inputs ranging from a whisper to a scream and can even handle hot line-level signals up to +22db, without any added colouration. You simply won't find preamps this good on any other mixer in this price range.
Three Kinds Of Channel Strips
1. Channels 1–8 are essentially the same as those on the 1604-VLZ3, with mono line-level input and ultra-high-quality XDR2 mic preamps. These VLZ (Very Low Impedance) mic pres offer superior sound quality and the best RFI rejection of any compact mixer on the market.
2. Channels 9/10 and 11/12 (two physical channel strips) each provide a stereo pair of line-level inputs and a mono XDR2 mic preamp.
3. Channels 13/14 and 15/16 (also in two physical channel strips) each provide a stereo pair of line-level inputs only, with fixed 4-band equalisation at points that are specifically designed for line-level inputs, such as keyboards, sound modules, etc.
Two Unique Equalisation Formats
High-quality equalisation is a must for any good mixer and Mackie haven't cut any corners on the 1642-VLZ3. Channels 1-8 feature the same world-renowned 3-band Active equalisation that you'll find on the 1604-VLZ3. Tremendous resources went into optimising the centre points of these mic channel equalisers, with the Lows at 80Hz and the Highs at 12kHz. Midrange compensation is handled by a peaking control with a two-octave variable frequency centre. This means the Mids can be swept from 100Hz all the way up to 8kHz—with a boost or cut of 15dB.
Mackie designed a fixed 4-band, 'musically-correct' EQ for the remaining channels, which are primarily intended for line-level signals, such as keyboards, sound modules and drum machines. This all adds up to practical, useful equalisation, with the tone-shaping facility to actually improve the musical nature of the original signal.
The Mackie 1642-VLZ3 mixer is packed with premium features on every channel: 75Hz Low-Cut filters, four Aux Sends, inserts, phantom power, constant-loudness Pan controls, OL (overload) and signal present LEDs, sub and main mix assign switches and assignable AFL/PFL Solo switch. Since you can never have too many output options, they've also provided a Control Room/Phones source matrix, Master Aux section with EFX to Monitor, tape outputs, a high-volume headphone amplifier, channels 1-8 direct outs and balanced XLR and balanced/unbalanced TRS outputs.
- Sorry - this product is not available to purchase
Brand Mackie Condition No