M-Audio Code 25 Black USB MIDI Controller Keyboard
M-Audio presents the CODE 25 (Black) keyboard controller, a full-featured model combining all of the production power and performance you need to get the most from your music software and MIDI gear.
- 25 full-size, velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch and four assignable zones for splits and layering.
- Fully assignable XY pad for HID control and a unique way for controlling multiple parameters in virtual instruments
- 16 fully assignable velocity-sensitive trigger pads for beat production, clip launching, and more
- 4 assignable 360 encoders, 5 assignable faders and 5 assignable buttons for manipulating your DAW, virtual instruments and plugins
- Mackie/HUI transport control enables a simple setup with the most popular DAWs
- USB-powered with 5 pin MIDI in and out allows for sending MIDI from PC sequencers to your favourite analogue synth
- Includes VIP3.0 - the ground-breaking, award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection
- Read More
The CODE Series (Black) offers several thoughtful design touches that enable you to create and perform your best. A keyboard should not be an obstacle standing in the way of creativity. Instead, it should function as a direct extension of your thoughts ensuring that you convey musical ideas with immediacy, precision and clarity.
Experience expanded control of your VST instrument and effect collection with CODE 25 and VIP3.0 (Free Download Included). VIP3.0 provides you with unparalleled access to your virtual instrument and effect collection, seamlessly integrating the hardware / software experience and grants the unrestricted freedom to create in a user-friendly, intuitive format. The combination of VIP and CODE 25 maximises workflow and ensures a playing experience that feels natural and enhances creativity – the natural, tactile feel of hardware fused with the unrivalled processing capability of virtual Instruments. Quickly find sounds based on instrument type, timbre, style or articulation from your entire VST library: sculpt immersive, expressive sounds and textures layering up to 8 separate instruments and patches per VIP instance: load up to 4 different VST effects per instrument channel to sculpt the perfect sound: put power into your performance with Pad Chord Progressions and user-friendly Key Control processors: and much more. From live performance to studio production, VIP's user-friendly functionality coupled with a diverse feature set guarantees simple, seamless integration into your existing setup and provides the ultimate platform for unrestricted creative expression.
The CODE 25 (Black) keyboard has an all-new keybed with action that is clean, and precise. The natural profile keys are both velocity- and pressure-sensitive, for maximum expressive capability.
CODE Series (Black) controllers are equipped with everything you need to produce some serious musical creations. Extensive assignable parameter control is a breeze with multiple banks of faders, knobs, buttons, pads and a smooth feeling pitch bend and modulation wheel. New to the line of M-Audio controllers is the X/Y Touchpad, which provides additional and direct interaction with effects and instrument plugin parameters across an X/Y axis – the ideal control source for effects and instruments loaded into Ableton Live's Audio and MIDI channels.
In addition, the keyboards can be split into four assignable zones to maximise the flexibility and functionality of your setup. (ie: trigger four different instruments in their own separate zone, or overlap zones and trigger two instruments at the same time).
Serious Production Power
Most every DAW uses keyboard shortcuts to execute common functions (like adding tracks, cut, paste, etc.). Now with support for ASCII/HID keyboard shortcut commands, you can map these commonly used shortcuts right to the controller itself, streamlining your workflow for a faster, more efficient and far more satisfying creation/production process. The CODE Series (Black) also supports Mackie Control/HUI control modes, so right out of the box you are ready to work with most DAWs with minimal setup.
Backlit Drum Pads
There are 16 assignable RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads to indicate at a quick glance exactly what function any particular pad is assigned to. The buttons, knobs and faders are also colour-coded to indicate what mode they're in. An alphanumeric LED display provides informative feedback, including on-screen display of parameters and settings. It all adds up to no confusion, no guessing, just precision control.
Exclusive Software Included
A comprehensive software package is included—Ableton Live Lite and full versions of AIR Music Technology's award winning virtual instruments Loom and Hybrid 3.0—so you have unrestricted access to world-class creative tools.
• Ableton Live Lite delivers much of the functionality of Ableton Live—the revolutionary, multi-award winning music production solution that lets you spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise and edit your musical ideas in a seamless audio/MIDI environment. Live brings your acoustic, electronic and virtual instruments—as well as your digital audio recordings and MIDI sequences—together in a single interface with unparalleled ease of use.
• Hybrid 3.0 is the next generation in synthesis. This high-definition virtual synthesizer combines the coveted warmth of analogue synths with a full range of futuristic digital manipulation capabilities. The result is the best of both worlds — a virtual instrument with a comprehensive set of precisely adjustable parameters that can sound like a synth you remember or something no one has ever heard before.
• Loom is an award-winning modular additive synthesizer with a shape-shifting Morph Pad that makes it easy to create rich, swirling, and captivating sounds. Loom takes a unique modular approach to additive synthesis, a synthesis technique that involves combining simple waveforms together to create complex sounds, by allowing anyone to select from and combine 30 editable modules. Create anything from wobbles, ethereal pads, ambient soundscapes, and much more. The programmable Morph Pad brings your Loom patches to life by morphing between user-defined variations of your patch, adding motion and momentum that continues to evolve.
M-Audio Code 49 (Black) Specifications
25 velocity- and pressure-sensitive keys (with aftertouch)
10-octave range available with Key Octave –/+ buttons
4 assignable zones
Lowest 25 keys send secondary commands in Edit Mode
16 assignable velocity-sensitive pads, multicolour-backlit
5 30mm assignable faders
4 banks available with Bank u/t buttons
5 assignable buttons, multicolour-backlit
4 banks available with Bank u/t buttons
4 assignable 360 degree knobs
4 banks available with Bank u/t buttons
55mm x 55mm touch-sensitive pad
2 independently assignable axes: X (horizontal), Y (vertical)
85mm x 25mm LCD
1 USB port
1 1/4 inch (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal/footswitch input
1 1/4 inch (6.35mm) TRS volume/expression pedal input
1 5-pin MIDI input
1 5-pin MIDI output
1 power adapter input (power adapter not included)
1 Kensington lock slot
via USB bus power or via power adapter (9 VDC, 1A, centre-positive, not included)
20.9 x 10 x 2.8 inch
53 x 25.5 x 7.1 cm
- This product has not yet been released but is available for pre-order
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by Interlink who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout). Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
Brand M-Audio Condition New Number of keys 25 Specifications No Documentation No