Line 6 JTV-59 James Tyler Variax Modelling Electric Guitar (Black)
Line 6 JTV-59 James Tyler Variax Guitar in Black
Released in 2003, the original Line 6 Variax was the world's first modeling guitar. It garnered high critical praise and a variety of awards from Guitar Player, EQ, Electronic Musician, and others. The first-generation Variax models have sold over 65,000 units.
James Tyler Variax® by Line 6 is the first truly advanced guitar of the 21st century. The finely crafted instrument wraps itself around the very latest Variax technology to excite your fingers, your ears and your imagination.
The JTV-59 is Classic late-50's-style single cutaway model and offers guitarists a finely crafted instrument that utilises modern modeling techniques to offer a wide range of different tones. The James Taylor Variax features a Dual Core processor that has allowed Line 6 engineers to improve key areas of performance, most notably there are major improvements in pitch effects and the alt tuning system.
Transformational guitar technology
• 25 guitars in one. State-of-the-art models of 25 immortal instruments with astonishing advancements in tone, pitch tracking and response.
• 12 tunings. Instantly switch between a set of customized alternate and drop tunings without affecting string tension or guitar playability.
• Virtual capo. Place a 'virtual capo' anywhere on the neck without missing a beat.
• Variax®Workbench™. Swap your P-90 for a lipstick,and more. Workbench software lets you mix and match every guitar body, pickup and alt tuning on offer.
Instrument design by James Tyler
• Compulsively obsessive. James Tyler's extreme attention to detail is evident in every component, curve and contour of this finely crafted instrument.
• Custom bridge. The custom James Tyler bridge stay in tune like the best after-market bridges, and they transfer the tone to the body perfectly.
• GraphTech nut. The high-performance, self-lubricating nut exhibits exceptional tuning stability all night long.
Exceptional build-quality and setup standards
• Exceptional care. Exceptional love and TLC goes into every James Tyler Variax guitar, which easily sets it apart from its peers.
• Body Wood: Mahogany
• Top: Maple carved top
• Nut: 1 11/16 inch GraphTech Black TUSQ XL Self Lubricating Nut
• Number of Frets: 22
• Scale Length: 24 9/16 inch
• Neck Wood: Mahogany
• Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
• Neck Shape: Tyler '59
• Inlay: Dot
• Bridge: James Tyler custom stoptail bridge with LR Baggs Radiance™ hex pickup system
• Tuners: 16:1 sealed tuners
• Hardware Finish: Chrome
• Neck Pickup: James Tyler designed neck humbucker
• Bridge Pickup: James Tyler designed bridge humbucker
• Magnetic Pickup Controls: Volume, Tone, 3-Way Switch
• Guitar Model Selector: 12-position rotary knob. (Push function switches between magnetics and modeling)
• Alt Tuning Selections: 12-position rotary knob. Push for more models on 3-way switch
• Battery System: Lithium-Ion battery with external recharging station. 12-hour charge, 6-hour recharge time.
• Connectivity: Standard 1⁄4 inch guitar output jack that can be used with the optional XPS-DI power supply. VDI digital I/O for use with POD® xt, POD® X3, VettaTM II and Workbench®
• Workbench: USB 1.1 connection to your computer. Runs on Windows® XP, 7, Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5, 10.6
• Finish: Black
• Headstock Colour: Black