Korg SP250 Digital Piano, Black (ex-display)
The SP-250 carries Korg's SP digital piano line-up to new heights.
• Enjoy new levels of expression and performance with a phenomenal new velocity-switched stereo piano sound, matched to our exceptional RH3 keyboard.
• New Piano PCM features stereo velocity-switched sample data to reproduce every expressive performance nuance over the entire dynamic range, with a generous 60-note polyphony (max.).
• All new RH3 keyboard features graded hammer action and provides excellent playability, including quick, repeated strikes.
• Thirty built-in sounds, including twelve types of piano and electric piano. Also features jazz and church organs, mallets, harpsichord/clav, choir, strings, and guitar sounds.
• Adjustable reverb and chorus effect can be set for each sound.
• Three dynamic touch curves can tailor the piano response to any playing style.
• Metronome allows control over tempo and meter, and provides an accent to the first beat.
• Built-in speaker system matched to a bass-reflex enclosure to deliver a rich, full sound.
• Stylish black body features steel and wood-grain accents, and is extremely light weight.
• Sleek, intuitive control panel with brilliant LED indicators.
• Dual headphone jacks for private practice or student/teacher use.
• Includes a dedicated stand that fits securely into the piano casing for a solid feel.
• Damper pedal features half-pedaling realism.
- Read More
On this stylish piano, every note is beautiful.
The robust sound of a concert grand piano has been carefully and lavishly sampled for the SP-250. Differences in playing dynamics and position in the stereo field have been faithfully captured, delivering naturally expressive piano sounds that recreate every detail. A generous 60-notes (max.) of polyphony prevents notes from dropping out during busy passages and heavy pedal use. The chic black design is highlighted by metal and wood-grain accents, with a solid music rack included that mounts in seconds. The control panel is simple and easy-to-use and includes 19 LED indicators for instant visual feedback. The SP-250 is perfect for those who appreciate quality in both sound and design.
Grand piano playing experience
The SP-250 is the first Korg digital piano to feature the all new RH3 real weighted hammer action. This state-of-the-art key mechanism features differing key weights in each register of the keyboard, delivering the same playing experience as a grand piano. The keyboard is exceptionally responsive, even when playing quickly repeated figures, to preserve every expressive nuance of the performer. The Key Touch Control provides three selectable touch curves, delivering the perfect touch sensitivity for every playing style or type of song. Yet even with such a robust keyboard, the SP-250 weighs less than 42 pounds (19 kg.).
A wide palette of sounds
In addition to its remarkable new piano sound, the SP-250 includes a rich array of sounds that will extend your performance possibilities. An assortment of classic electric pianos (reed and tine styles), church and jazz organs, string and choir sounds, harpsichord and clav(s), even mallet percussion and guitar sounds are available at the touch of a button. Two sounds can be layered together to play simultaneously: and of course you can adjust the balance to get the perfect blend.
Dual Effects section
To further enhance the sound, the SP-250 provides both a Reverb effect that recreates the spaciousness of a concert hall, and a Chorus effect that adds a colorful depth to the sound. Each effect features three intensity levels that can be set individually for each sound.
Internal sound system
The SP-250 contains a custom system featuring two 10 cm dual-cone speakers matched to a pair of 11W amplifiers that beautifully reproduces its rich sounds. The bass-reflex speaker system ensures that every bit of the deep resonances distinctive to a great piano will be heard.
Valuable accessories included.
The SP-250 includes a high-quality damper pedal that is so important for proper piano performance. It provides the ultimate expressive control thanks to half-pedaling, which is a variable damping effect based on how deep you press the pedal, rather than the simple on/off switch found on cheaper instruments. The dedicated stand is both simple and stylish, and fits securely into a recessed area in the bottom of the piano providing a remarkably solid feel. The stand's lower crossbar even prevents the pedal from 'creeping' forward in performance. Best of all, the SP-250 can be easily removed from the stand for moving and taking around for live performances.
Two headphones can be connected simultaneously, for student and teacher use or family enjoyment.
Audio output jack
You can listen to the sounds of the SP-250 through external speakers, great for professional performances, schools and places of worship, and for recording purposes.
MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
These jacks connect the SP-250 to a synthesizer or other MIDI-equipped device (computer/sequencer) allowing the SP-250 to be used as both a master keyboard and a 16-part multitimbral sound module for performance and composition.
The Key Transpose function lets you shift the pitch of the instrument to match the key of a singer, or to play along with your favorite CDs.
The Metronome function is convenient for practicing. You can add an accent to the first beat (choose normal or bell sounds), and adjust its volume. There's also a dedicated slider for easy adjustment of the tempo.
In addition to equal temperament, the SP-250 provides the two most common Baroque and Classical era tunings (Kirnberger and Werckmeister) for historically-accurate performances.
Thirty demonstration songs ranging from classics to originals are built in, showing off all the sounds in a variety of musical genres.
Dimensions: 1,295 (W) x 380 (D) x 140 (H) mm / 50.98 inch (W) x 14.96 inch (D) x 5.51 inch (H) (main unit only, not included stand)
Weight: 19 kg / 41.89 lbs. (main unit only, not included stand)
- Sorry - this product is not available to purchase
Condition Ex-display On demo in store No Brand Korg Keyboard Type Stage Piano Number of keys 88 Keyboard Action Hammer Action