Korg PS60 61-Key Performance Synthesizer (As New)This item has been opened. It is as new and complete but has been shipped to a customer, opened and returned as unwanted.
It comes with a full warranty.
Designed for the gigging – or soon to be gigging – musician, the Korg PS60 delivers premium sounds and professional effects in an easy-to-use performance package.
- Six individual categories - Piano, E-Piano, Organ, Strings, Brass, and Synth - provide fast access to the most in-demand keyboard sounds
- EDS-i (Enhanced Definition Synthesis - integrated) technology inherited from KORG's flagship music workstations delivers 440 impeccably voiced, satisfying sounds
- Easy Setup feature lets you easily specify the volume, effect amount, and octave settings of each Sound
- Nine dedicated knobs provide accurate and immediate control of the modulation, reverb/delay and EQ effects
- Easily create split and layered settings on the fly! Up to 20 of these split and layered 'Performance' settings can be stored for instant recall
- Semi-weighted 61-key natural touch keyboard - a first in its class!
- USB computer port and free Sound Editing software provide detailed control and instant access to all sound parameters
- Read More
A performance synthesizer like no other
In designing the PS60, the needs of the on-stage musician remained front and centre. Offering dedicated controls, an ample backlit display, and remarkable ease of use, the PS60 is a refreshing change. The intuitive, realtime controls – even the sounds themselves – were created with the performer in mind, and have been optimised for the unique challenges and immediacy of playing live. Lightweight, stylish and portable, the PS60 travels comfortably from home, to rehearsal, to centre stage.
The in-demand sounds every keyboardist requires
Focused on the elemental sounds that make up the body of great keyboard playing, the PS60 delivers 440 spectacular, spot-on sounds, with room for plenty more! The sounds are organised into six categories, – piano, electric piano, organ, strings, brass and synth – each with dedicated controls making it easy to find just the right sound. Still not sure? The Audition feature plays a quick riff appropriate to the type of sound selected, to help you zero in on the sound you want. Using the category controls, you can layer up to six sounds, or make split settings at the touch of a button, creating sophisticated sounds to suit your performances.
Rippling with synth power
Using 49 MB* of the highest quality, 48 kHz samples, the PS60 allows up to eight stereo multisamples to be used per voice. The EDS-i sound engine (Enhanced Definition Synthesis – integrated) provides up to four filters, two amps, five LFOs, and five EGs, delivering a rich array of stage-ready programs that will both complement and stand out in your band's performance.
Any of 63 effects – including dynamics-type effects and amp modelling powered by KORG's proprietary REMS technology – can be assigned to individual sounds using one of the five insert effects. In addition, two master effects can be applied to the overall sound: a modulation-style effect offering four effect types and a reverb/delay effect also with four effect types. A dedicated three-band EQ adds the final touch to your sound.
*when calculated as 16-bit linear data
Easy Setup and Performance control
The PS60 is easy to use. The centre and right portions of the panel are used for customising and controlling sounds. Simply use the dedicated Category controls to choose your sounds, and use the Easy Setup area to specify their volume, octave, and effect send amounts. Dedicated panel knobs are provided for tweaking the effects and the EQ. You can also choose to split or layer multiple sounds on the keyboard.
These settings are collectively called a 'Performance,' and you can store 20 of them in internal memory. The Performance area to the left side of the panel is used for recalling these Performance settings quickly and easily – even when on stage!
Expressive, semi-weighted keyboard
The PS60 features a richly-expressive keyboard. The semi-weighted, natural-touch keys provide an uncompromising playing feel for anything from a piano performance to synthesizer sounds.
Dynamic performance control
The PS60 provides a variety of controllers to make your performance more expressive. You can produce subtle or drastic timbral changes by moving the joystick up/down/left/right, and use the octave up/down buttons and transpose buttons to shift the pitch of the keyboard. Two footpedal jacks are provided for use with a damper pedal, footswitch or footpedal, offering hands-free control. When playing organ sounds, an additional dedicated button can switch between fast/slow speeds of the rotary speaker simulator.
Bundled stand-alone and plug-in sound editing software package
The stand-alone PS60 Editor allows you to edit sounds in greater detail than is possible from the PS60 itself. Viewing multiple parameters and graphical cues on your computer's screen makes it easy to create full-fledged sounds in any category. The PS60 Plug-In Editor offers all the same features, and lets you use your PS60 as a plug-in synth from within any VST, Audio Units, or RTAS format DAW software system. As a librarian program, the software lets you build up an enormous stash of sounds that you've created on your computer.
• 61-key natural touch keyboard, velocity sensing
• Performance, Performance Edit, Program Edit, Global
• EDS-i (Enhanced Definition Synthesis - integrated)
• 120 voices (120 oscillators) max, single mode
• 60 voices (60 oscillators) max, double mode
* The actual maximum polyphony will vary depending on oscillator settings such as stereo multisamples and velocity crossfading.
• 49 MB (when calculated as 16-bit linear data),
• 136 multisamples (including 7 stereo)
• User Performances: 20 performances, 15 Preload
• User Programs: 512 Programs, 440 Preload
• OSC = OSC1 (Single), OSC1+2 (Double): Stereo multisamples are supported
• 4 velocity zones per oscillator, with switching, crossfades and layers.
• Filters= Four types of filter routing (single, serial, parallel, 24 dB), Two multi-mode filters per voice (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject
• Modulation= For each voice, two envelope generators (Filter & Amp)
Two LFOs, two key, tracking generators (Filter & Amp)
Two AMS mixers, In addition, pitch EG, common LFO, and two common key tracking generators
• 6 main timbres, 6 sub timbres: layer, split, and modifications to the program settings via the Tone parameters
Master Keyboard functionality
• Allows control of external MIDI devices
• Insert Effects: Five processors, stereo input/output, 63 effect types
• Master Effects: Two processors, stereo input/output, 4 effect types per processor Effects types
• EQ: One processor, stereo input/output (3 bands)
• Effects types: Total of 71 types (select from 63 types for insert effects, 4 types for master effect 1, and four types for master effect 2)
• Modulation: Dynamic modulation, tempo sync delay, LFO
Audition Riff function
• 383 audition riffs
• Joystick: Joystick, LOCK button (Joystick lock function)
• Rotary speaker simulator: ORGAN SLOW/FAST button
• Performances: BANK, 1–5, STORE buttons
• Performance controls: Timbre selector (Timber ON button x 6, variation pq button x 12), EASY SETUP (6 knobs, EASY SETUP buttons (Volume, Pan, MOD send, REV/DLY send), SPLIT SETTING (SUB OFF/RECALL, LOWER, UPPER buttons), MODULATION (MODULATION button, RATE, DEPTH, FEEDBACK knobs), REVERB/DELAY (REVERB/DELAY button, RATE, DEPTH, FEEDBACK knobs), EQ (BASS, MID, TREBLE knobs)
• Display: 16 character x 2 line LCD (with backlight)
• Mode: PERFORMANCE EDIT, PROGRAM EDIT, GLOBAL buttons
• Value Controllers: Value knob, cursor/value pqtu buttons, EXIT button
• Other: OCTAVE DOWN, UP buttons, TRANSPOSE _, _ buttons, VOLUME knob, display contrast
• OUTPUT, L/MONO, R: 6.3 mm monaural phone jack (unbalanced)
• Headphones: 3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack
• DAMPER/PEDAL/SW jack x 1(half-damper supported), PEDAL/SW jack x 1
• IN, OUT
• 1 USB (TYPE B), USB-MIDI interface
• AC adapter power supply connector (DC 9V 1700mA), POWER switch
• 925(W) x 291(D) x 90(H)mm / 36.41 (W) x 11.45 (D) x 3.54 (H) inches
• 4.6kg / 10.14lbs
• AC adapter, Easy start guide, Accessory disc (PS60 Parameter Guide (PDF), Owner's Manual (PDF), PS60 USB-MIDI Setup Guide (PDF), KORG USB-MIDI driver, PS60 Editor/Plug-In Editor etc.)
KORG USB-MIDI driver Operating requirements
• USB port required (a USB host controller made by Intel is recommended)
• Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition / Professional / x64 Edition Service Pack 3 or later
• Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or later(including 64 bit edition)
• Microsoft Windows 7 (including 64 bit edition)
• USB port required
• Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
PS60 Editor and PS60 Plug-In Editor Operating requirements
• A computer that meets the operating requirements of Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, and is equipped with a USB port
• Intel Pentium III / 1 GHz or better, Pentium D or Core
• Duo or better is recommended
• 512 MB or more (1 GB or more is recommended)
• 1,024 x 768 pixels, 16 bit colour or better
• Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/Professional Service Pack 3 or later
• Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or later
• Windows 7
However, only the standalone version will work on 64-bit editions of Windows 7 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2.
• An Apple Macintosh computer that satisfies the operating requirements of Mac OS X and has a USB port
• Apple G4 800 MHz or better (Intel Mac is supported), G5 or Core Duo or better is recommended
• 512 MB or more (1 GB or more is recommended)
• 1,024 x 768 pixels, 32,000 colours or better
• Mac OS X version 10.4.11 or later
* Formats supported by PS60 Plug In Editor:
Windows: VST, RTAS
Macintosh: VST, Audio Unit, RTAS
* PS60 Plug In Editor must also satisfy the operating requirements of the host application.
Note: It is not possible to start up multiple instances of PS60 Editor or PS60 Plug In Editor within an operating system. This means that it is not possible to use these editors to edit two or more PS60 units simultaneously.
- Sorry - this product is not available to purchase
Condition Opened On demo in store No Brand Korg Keyboard Type Synth Number of keys 61 Keyboard Action Synth Action
|This product has no reviews yet.|