Korg Odyssey Duophonic Synth Module, Rev 3, Black and Orange Livery
The Korg Odyssey module offers the real analogue sound of the original Odyssey in a compact tabletop version.
- True analogue sound generated by a complete replication of the original ARP Odyssey's circuitry
- Duophonic design with two VCOs
- Equipped with all three historic iterations of ARP's low-pass filter circuit
- The DRIVE switch generates extreme and aggressive sounds
- Envelope generator with two types: ADSR and AR
- MIDI IN connector and a USB MIDI port are provided
- Based on the classic black and orange livery of the REV3 Odyssey
- Read More
Since its appearance in 1972, the ARP Odyssey has been loved by countless musicians as a classic analogue synthesizer. Forty years later, in 2015, with the advisory assistance of David Friend, co-founder of the ARP Instruments company, KORG resurrected the ARP ODYSSEY with a complete reproduction of the ARP Odyssey's original circuitry. The ARP sound, which continues to be envied as an iconic analogue synthesizer, was once again back in the hands of today's musicians. Now, KORG has further broadened the reach of the ARP ODYSSEY in today's world by releasing a new model.
The ARP ODYSSEY Module is a keyboard-less ARP ODYSSEY with the very same analogue synthesis circuitry that completely reproduces the original. To fit perfectly in today's DAW-centric music production environments, it is provided in a more compact module form. This model reproduces the black and orange Rev3 model offering traditional styling in a cutting-edge tabletop body. The real ARP sound that transcends history is once again available to the world.
By adding the ARP ODYSSEY Module to their setup, DAW users can enhance their production environment with powerful analogue sound that cannot be obtained from any plugin. You can also perform in conjunction with a sequencer such as the KORG SQ-1. If you're a player with a keyboard that you prefer, you can connect the ARP ODYSSEY Module via MIDI to your favourite keyboard and play it to your heart's content. In addition, the ARP ODYSSEY Module newly supports MIDI pitch bend.
True Analogue Sound
The ARP Odyssey is known best for its sharp and biting tone, and the rich possibilities of modulation that allow an incredible variety of sounds. The ARP ODYSSEY Module is equipped with the very same circuitry as the ARP ODYSSEY, which itself is a perfect replica of the original unit, developed under the supervision of the ARP Instruments company's co-founder David Friend. Its module-type design invites the user into an even deeper world of sound design.
- 2VCO. The duophonic design allows two different pitches to sound when you play two notes.
- The high degree of pitch stability for which the ARP Odyssey was remarkable in its time has been perfectly
- Pitch is variable over a wide range of 20 Hz--2 kHz.
- Pitch modulation and pulse width modulation can be controlled.
- Oscillator sync provides sharp, great-sounding overtones extending into a high range.
- Noise generator provides two noise types: white and pink.
- Powerful LFO can be used as a modulation source for the oscillator or filter, or as a trigger source for sample &
- The distinctive S/H MIXER lets you easily create sample & hold sounds by using the oscillator or noise generator
as a source that's triggered by the LFO or keyboard.
- Ring modulator generates metallic sounds with rich overtones.
- The three types of low-pass filter found on different production runs of the original ARP Odyssey are all provided.
With a single switch you can select any one of these filters with their differing characteristics: TYPE I (Rev1) is a 12 dB/octave filter with a sharp and punchy sound, TYPE II (Rev2) is a 24 dB/octave filter that's great for thick low sounds, and TYPE III (Rev3) features excellent stability even when the resonance is increased.
- A wide variety of modulation sources such as S/H, LFO, ADSR, and AR can be used to modulate the filter.
- A high-pass filter is provided following the low-pass filter, giving you even broader sound design possibilities.
- A new function, the DRIVE switch generates extreme and aggressive sounds.
- VCA GAIN slider leaves the note sustaining. Ideal for sound design.
- Envelope generator with two types: ADSR and AR. This can be used not only for the VCA but also to modulate the
filter or oscillator.
- The original PPC (Proportional Pitch Control) based on a rubber pad has been reproduced. Press the rubber pad with your finger to control pitch bend or vibrato depth in proportion to the pressure.
- A portamento slider and transpose switch are provided. You can also use a switch to select either of the ways in which Rev1 and Rev2/3 of the original ARP Odyssey differ as to whether portamento is applied the moment that you operate the transpose lever.
- Two types of audio output jack are provided: 1/4 inch jack and XLR.
- External audio input jack is provided, allowing you to process sound from an external device.
- Headphone jack with adjustable volume is provided. By connecting the headphone jack to the external audio
input jack, you can apply self-feedback to generate powerful sounds.
- CV, GATE, and TRIG jacks are provided, letting you send or receive analogue signals to operate the instrument. If you
connect the GATE OUT jack to the TRIG IN jack, the EG will not be triggered, allowing you to play legato. - Both 1/4 inch size and mini-size patch cables are included.
- MIDI IN connector and USB MIDI port are provided, allowing connection to a PC or MIDI device.
- This product has not yet been released but is available for pre-order
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout) International orders over £250 are delivered FREE except for large or heavy items. Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
On demo in store No Brand Korg Condition New
|This product has no reviews yet.|