Gibson Les Paul Studio Wine Red Electric Guitar (Chrome H/W) (as new)
Crucial elements of the Les Paul Studio's design include the carved maple top and mahogany body, glued-in mahogany neck with back-angled headstock, rosewood fingerboard, Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece – all design points that have been making Les Pauls the most desirable tone monsters available since the late 1950s. For electronics, a set of Gibson's 498T and 490R Alnico humbucking pickups squeeze every drop of tone from the instrument.
- Read More
With these classic ingredients, the Les Paul Studio gives you all the sonic versatility you could ask for, from sultry, warm bluesy tones to powerful crunch to sizzling lead tones. Finally, the Les Paul Studio is supremely playable too, thanks to its rounded '50s neck profile and a chambered mahogany body that reduces the weight while enhancing resonance, making it outstandingly comfortable strapped on or seated. All this, and your Les Paul Studio comes protected in a formfitting Gibson hardshell case.
Body and Finish
A solid, carved maple top and chambered mahogany body give the Les Paul Studio the same tonewood combination that has been helping Les Paul Standards rock for nearly 60 years. And each of its four available nitrocellulose finishes makes for a stunning looking guitar, even while its no-frills approach eliminates body binding and pickguard.
Neck, Headstock and Fingerboard
The Les Paul Studio is crafted in classic Gibson style with a glued-in neck made from solid quarter-sawn mahogany and topped with an unbound rosewood fingerboard (an ebony fingerboard with the Alpine White finish). It has an angled headstock for superior resonance, and its rounded '50s profile and 1-11/16 inch wide Corian nut help to make is supremely playable.
Pickups and Electronics
The Les Paul Studio carries two of Gibson's most popular humbucking pickups, a 498T in the bridge position and a 490R in the neck. Both are designed as updated renditions of Gibson's famous PAF humbucker of the late '50s and early '60s, modified for improved versatility, and routed through the classic Gibson four-knob and three-way switch control section.
The hardware set on the Les Paul Studio echoes that worn by Les Paul Standards since 1956, and includes Gibson's hallowed Tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece, and vintage-style tuners. A classic of 20th century guitar design, the Tune-o-matic provides excellent resonant coupling, while offering efficient independent adjustment of each saddle for precise intonation.
• The Gibson Logo
• Angled Headstock
• Adjustable Truss Rod
• '50s Rounded Neck Profile
• 22-Fret Rosewood Fingerboard
• Nickel and Silver Alloy Fret Wire
• Trapezoid Inlays
• Set-Neck Construction
• Mahogany Back and Maple Top
• Chambered Body
• Gibson 490R and 498T Pickups
• Tune-O-Matic Bridge
• Nitrocellulose Finish
• Body Style: Les Paul Carved Top
• Body Species: Maple Top - Mahogany Back
• Plating Finish: Chrome
• Tailpiece: Gibson Stop Bar
• Bridge: Gibson Tune-O-Matic
• Tuners: Grover Kluson Style Green Keys
• Neck Pickup: 490R
• Bridge Pickup: 498T
• Pickup Covers: Yes
• Controls: 2 Volume - 2 Tone - 3-Way Toggle
• Control Knobs: Black Speed
• Control Pocket Cover: Black Molded
• Special Features: Quick-Connect Control Pocket Assembly
• Species: Mahogany
• Nut: Corian
• Nut Width: Standard Gibson: 1.695 inch +/- .050 inch
• Headstock Inlay: Gibson Logo
• Silkscreen: Gibson Logo + Les Paul Model
• Truss Rod: Gibson Adjustable Truss Rod
• Truss Rod Cover: Bell-shaped cover, stamped 'Studio'
• Fingerboard Species: Rosewood
• Inlays: Figured Acrylic Trapezoid
• Frets: 22
• Scale Length: 24 - 3/4 inch
• Type: Gibson Hardshell
• Case Interior: White
• Case Exterior: Black
• Silkscreen: Gibson USA Logo
Sorry - this product is not available to purchase