Genelec 8351 SAM Active Studio Monitors with DSP, Black, Pair
The unconventional and compact Genelec 8351A SAM™ studio monitor is a revolutionary achievement in three-way monitor design.
- Space efficient size and design allow for astounding acoustical performance in various user environments
- Acoustically Concealed Woofers (ACWTM) technology represents a new breakthrough in electroacoustic design
- Maximised Directivity Control Waveguide (MaxDCWTM) produces controlled directivity over a very wide bandwidth
- Dual woofer design extends directivity control also to bass frequencies
- Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLMTM) computer control allows for repeatable, consistent performance over flexible proprietary network
- Genelec AutoCal™ measures the response in the listening area and applies relevant compensation to minimise the room's acoustical influences
- Equally perfect performance in both vertical and horizontal orientations
- Read More
The unconventional and compact Genelec 8351A SAM™ studio monitor is a revolutionary achievement in three-way monitor design.The 8351 has a system frequency response from 32 Hz to 40 kHz and is capable of deliver- ing 110 dB SPL at 1 meter through a combination of efficient, Genelec-designed Class D amplifiers for the bass and midrange drivers, and a discrete components, Genelec-designed Class AB amplifier for the tweeter.
Genelec have created something absolutely unique in monitoring: a three-way system with directivity control of a much larger conventional monitor system in a delightfully compact package. Genelec SAM technology integrates the 8351 into the listening environment by automatically compensating for detrimental room influences. SAM technology enables computer controlled, flexible networked monitors and subwoofers that can be aligned and adjusted for level, time-of-flight, and room response compensations.
The 8351A combines Genelec's breakthrough Acoustically Concealed Woofers (ACW™) technology together with their Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDC™) driver and Maximised Directivity Control Waveguide (MaxDCW™) to produce controlled directivity over a very wide bandwidth. Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™ 2.0) computer control allows for repeatable, consistent performance over flexible proprietary network. Genelec AutoCal™ measures and automatically align every monitor on the network for level, timing, and equalisation of room response anomalies.
Providing identical performance in both vertical and horizontal orientation, the 8351A delivers outstanding monitoring accuracy for music studios, post-production houses, edit suites, radio, TV and outside broadcast applications.
Genelec SAM 8351A Specifications
SPL: 111 dB
Frequency Range: 32 Hz - 35 Hz (-6 dB)
Crossovers: 490 Hz and 2.6 kHz
Drivers: 2 oval woofers 215 x 100 mm, coaxial driver with mid-range 130 mm + tweeter 19 mm + DCW
LF Power: 150 W (Class D)
MF Power: 120 W (Class D)
HF Power: 90 W (Class D)
Dimensions (H x W x D): 452 x 287 x 278 mm / 17 3/4 x 11 1/3 x 11 inches
Weight: 19 kg / 42 lbs
Connectors: 1 x XLR analogue, 2 x XLR AES/EBU IO, 2 x RJ45 network