Epiphone ES-339 Pro Electric Guitar, Ebony, Nickel Hardware
The Epiphone ES-339 PRO has it's roots firmly planted in the classic era when Epiphone's Kalamazoo factory was producing rock's most legendary instruments. Featuring a reduced size ES-style body with Alnico Classic PRO™ humbucker pickups, the ES-339 PRO semi-hollowbody from Epiphone turns back the clock while breaking new ground in sound and style.
- Reduced size ES-style hollowbody
- Alnico Classic PRO™ humbuckers
- Colour: Ebony
- Read More
The Birth of a Legend
First introduced in the late '50s, the ES series became an instant rock classic, bringing the feel and look of an archtop to a generation of players who had grown up playing solid body guitars like the Les Paul. The ES-335, the first in the ES series, was an instant success. But for many players who were used to smaller solid body guitars, the ES-335 felt too bulky to play on stage. The new ES-339 PRO is the perfect remedy, featuring smaller body dimensions while still retaining the bell-like tone the ES series is famous for.
The Epiphone ES-339 PRO features a reduced size laminated maple body with a solid centre block, much like original ES-style classics. The mahogany SlimTaper™ 'D' profile 24.75 inch scale neck has 22 medium jumbo frets and is hand-set and glued with a mortise and tenon neck joint with Titebond™ glue. The 12 inch radius neck features a fingerboard with mother-of-pearl inlays and a 1.68 inch nut. Single-ply cream binding on the fingerboard and body completes the classic look.
Epiphone Barrier Breaking Electronics
The new Epiphone ES-339 PRO's Alnico Classic PRO™ humbucker pickups provide a huge variety of sound choices for the modern guitarist. For those who are used to carrying two guitars to gigs, the ES-339 PRO will solve that problem once and for all. Now, you can play any gig and any style with just one guitar – the Epiphone ES-339 PRO.
The ES-339 PRO features Alnico Classic PRO™ humbuckers in both the neck position and bridge position providing an infinite variety of tones thanks to the 3-way pickup selector which also features a push/pull coil tap.
The neck pickup volume pot and the bridge pickup volume pot each feature an easy-touch push/pull coil tap, making for smooth transitions back and forth between single coil and classic humbucker sounds. The all-metal heavy duty Epiphone 1/4 inch output jack gives you a lifetime of worry-free use.
Epiphone Hardware You Can Trust
The ES-339 PRO features our rock-solid hardware including Epiphone's LockTone™ Tune-o-matic bridge and LockTone™ Stopbar tailpiece. The ES-339 PRO has all nickel hardware along with Wilkinson™ 14:1 ratio vintage style machine heads with tombstone buttons.
Epiphone ES-339 Pro Specifications
• Colour: Ebony (EB)
• Body Material: Reduced size Laminated Maple body with solid centre block
• Neck Material: Mahogany
• Neck Shape: SlimTaper™ D profile
• Neck Joint: Glued-In Mortise and Tenon
• Truss Rod: Adjustable
• Scale Length: 24.75 inch
• Fingerboard: Mother-of-pearl Dot inlays
• Neck Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-2
• Bridge Pickup: Epiphone ProBucker-3
• Front Controls: 3-way Pickup Selector
- Neck Pickup Volume with push/pull coil-tapping
- Bridge Pickup Volume with push/pull coil-tapping
- Neck Pickup Tone
- Bridge Pickup Tone
• Outputs: 1/4 inch Heavy-Duty Epiphone
• Binding: Fingerboard - 1 ply (cream) / Body - 1 ply (cream)
• Fingerboard Radius: 12 inch
• Frets: 22 medium-jumbo
• Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-matic
• Tailpiece: LockTone Stopbar
• Nut Width: 1-11/16 inch
• Hardware: Nickel
• Machine Heads: Wilkinson Vintage with Tombstone buttons 14/1 Ratio
• Strings: Gibson Brite Wires 10-46