Epiphone AJ-220S Acoustic Guitar, Vintage Sunburst
- Solid Sitka Spruce top
- Select Mahogany body
- Solid Mahogany neck with satin finish
- Premium Nickel plated tuners
- Colour: Vintage Sunburst (VS)
Balanced Tone that Rings Like a Bell
With it's bell-like shape featuring a larger lower bout and smaller, round upper bout, the AJ-220S has a very focused and balanced tone. The bass is deep, rich and loud while the highs have a crispness and brilliance that cuts through. Most noticeable however, is the clear mid-range that's never muddy like the typical square-shouldered dreadnought. The result is an acoustic guitar that's often been described as the perfect instrument for the soloist or singer/songwriter with a sound that blends with vocals.
Quality Materials and Construction
While the AJ shape plays a big role in it's signature sound, the AJ-220S benefits from the use of premium materials and traditional construction methods. The top is made of solid Sitka Spruce that not only sounds great right out of the box, but actually improves as it ages. Complementing this are back and sides made of select Mahogany fitted to a solid Mahogany neck. For great stability, tone and sustain, the neck is glued into the body using TiteBond™ glue and a traditional dovetail neck joint. Easy and comfortable to play, the neck shape or profile is Epiphone's classic 1960's SlimTaper™ D-shape with a smooth, fast satin finish.
Not typically found on instruments in this price range, Epiphone packs even more value into the AJ-220S. Included is a bound fingerboard for a clean look and smooth feel, premium sealed die-cast tuners with 14:1 gear ratio for tuning accuracy and stability, a solid 'reverse-belly' bridge with compensated saddle for traditional looks and accurate intonation and a tortoise-colored pickguard with traditional metal 'E' to protect the top against pick marks.
Epiphone AJ-220S Specifications
• Top Material: Solid Sitka Spruce
• Body Material: Select Mahogany
• Neck Material: Solid Mahogany with satin finish
• Neck Shape: SlimTaper™ D-profile
• Neck Joint: Dovetail, Glued-in
• Scale Length: 25.5 inches
• Fingerboard Radius: 12 inch
• Trussrod: Adjustable via headstock
• Frets: 20, medium/jumbo
• Binding: 6-Layer body, Front / 1-Layer, Fingerboard
• Nut Width: 1-11/16 inch
• Hardware: Nickel
• Machine Heads: Sealed, Die-cast, 14:1 Ratio
• Bridge: Solid Rosewood, Reverse-belly
• Saddle: Compensated, PVC
• Pickguard: Simulated Tortoise with metal 'E'
• Colour: Vintage Sunburst (VS)
- This product is on order with our suppliers. Please note that we are experiencing delays from most of our suppliers and cannot guarantee delivery times. Where possible, we recommend that you choose an alternative product that is showing as being in stock. Feel free to contact us for help, thank you.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD Local who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout).
Order this item before 2pm and receive it on the next working day ( Mon-Fri excluding bank holidays ), mainland UK only*
1 Recommended Accessory
On demo in store No Brand Epiphone Condition New Body Type Dreadnought Top construction Solid Back construction Laminate Side construction Laminate Pickups included No