Diago PF01 PatchFactory Solderless Patch Cable and Plug Kit
The Diago PF01 PatchFactory Solderless Patch Cable & Plug Kit allows you to build custom length patch cables.
- Custom length patch cable making kit
- Includes cable and connectors
- Full instructions supplied
- Make cables to the length you need them rather than having a metre spare or putting up with that centimetre short
- No soldering necessary thanks to the Diago solderless plugs
- Read More
The Diago Patchfactory allows you to build custom length patch cables, without additional tools or specialist skills. Anybody can build a flawless cable.
Custom-length patch cables allow you to lay out your pedalboard exactly how you want. No longer will you be constrained by the discrete lengths made for retail stores. If you need it just 1cm longer, consider it done.
Other solderless cable designs suffer from poor reliability for two reasons:
1. Other screw-on caps use a coarse imperial thread. We calculated that by using fine metric thread instead, the same amount of force will tighten the cap more.
2. Finger-tightening, even with a knurled cap is simply not sufficient to make a reliable cable. Diago have machined a coin slot into each of their caps, allowing you to apply several times more force, resulting in a tighter fit. Using a coin means you can assemble a reliable cable without any additional tools wherever you are. Better still, the slot will fit almost all international coins. Diago don't recommend using plectrums - even the thickest ones just don't have the rigidity of a metal coin.
The design does not use loose parts or additional screws to make the all-important electrical connections - that's something else to go wrong. Instead, the positive signal/tip connection is made by a sharp pin at the centre of the plug, which makes contact with the central multi-strand wires of the cable. The ground/earth connection is made by a sharp edge on the inside of the cap, which cuts through the polyurethane sheath and makes contact with the cable's 96-strand shield.
Don't worry, it cannot cut too much or too little - this cable was designed in-house at Diago, and so fits perfectly with our solderless plugs. As long as you follow their assembly instructions, a reliable connection will be made.
Diago have ensured that their solderless cable system is as easy as possible to assemble, whilst retaining maximum reliability. The Patchfactory Kit includes everything you need to put together 10 perfect cables (minus the coin to tighten it with). It even includes a small cable cutter.
The Diago Patchfactory system uses their own cable, designed in-house in the UK. It has a super-low capacitance of 30pF/ft (approx. 100pF/m) to prevent the treble roll-off caused by the high capacitance of poor quality cables.
No gold-plated plugs? The only advantage gold-plated connectors could offer is prolonged resistance to tarnishing and corrosion, since gold is a fairly unreactive metal. However, a principal called Galvanic Corrosion tells us that when two metals that are not the same are in contact, the rate of corrosion actually increases. Since all 1/4 inch input/output jacks are nickel plated, using a gold connector may actually reduce the life of the jacks in your pedals. It's for this reason that Diago use nickel-plated plugs.
Diago designed their patch plug heads to be as discrete as possible so you can get your pedals close together and keep your board looking sleek, tidy and professional. Better still, if you stagger your pedals, or if you're using pedals with different input/output locations, you can pack in your pedals even more tightly.
Smaller cable diameter, same beautiful sound quality. Arrange your complex cable routing more precisely - round tighter corners and through smaller gaps - for the best pedalboard layout you've ever had. Most instrument cables have a similar centre construction, just with thicker rubber. This does nothing but waste space, so they've reduced the amount of rubber wrapped around their cables, for a slimmer, more space-efficient product.
- This product is in stock and ready to ship
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
Mainland UK: £3.50 within mainland UK ( Orders over £99 are delivered FREE )
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout). International orders over £250 are delivered FREE.
Order this item before 4pm and receive it on the next working day, mainland UK only*
1 Recommended Accessory
Brand Diago Condition New Connector 1 1/4 inch Mono Jack Plug Connector 2 1/4 inch Angled Mono Jack Plug Cable Features Patch Cable
|This product has no reviews yet.|