Denis Wick 4930 Valve Oil, Advanced Formula
Denis Wick Advanced Formula Valve Oil is already acclaimed as a favourite by many leading brass players. It gives modern valves a very silky feel, is exceptionally long-lasting and remains unaffected by extreme weather conditions, so no more problems of slow, sticky valves in hot weather due to evaporation.
- Fast, long-lasting oil
- Includes PTFE, the most slippery substance on earth
- No residue
- Suitable for all valve types
- Very silky feel
- Read More
The chemical name of PTFE is Polytetrafluoroethylene, and it is the most slippery substance on earth. It is found in many everyday usages such as non-stick pans, Gore-Tex rainwear and in dental floss. Its unique properties transform ordinary valve oil into an extraordinary lubricant, the microscopic particles acting as minute ball-bearings.
Denis Wick is pleased to set a new standard in brass instrument lubrication with innovative new product. Developed in association with trumpet expert Will Spencer, Denis Wick Advanced Formula Valve Oil is already acclaimed as a favourite by many leading brass players. It gives modern valves a very silky feel, is exceptionally long-lasting and remains unaffected by extreme weather conditions, so no more problems of slow, sticky valves in hot weather due to evaporation.
Its lack of residue makes it a great favourite amongst horn-players, who don't want to be taking valves apart to clean out gunky residue.
Its ability to carry on lubricating between applications makes it the most useful oil for instruments where evaporation can be a problem, such as the tuba, euphonium, and instruments with Thayer valves.
The oil is light and fast, and works equally well in piston and rotary valves. Its special properties work in the smallest piccolo trumpets and the largest tubas.
- Fast, long-lasting oil with a very silky feel
- Microscopic particles of PTFE carry on lubricating long after other valve oils have evaporated
- PTFE - the most slippery substance on earth
- Formulation includes a special anti-evaporation agent
- Virtually odourless
- Special bottle with built-in UV filter to protect from sunlight
- No residue
- Especially useful for tuba and euphonium players, and for trombonists using Thayer and other large valves, as there is no need for constant re-application due to evaporation
- Excellent value
- Suitable for all piston and rotary valves
- Developed in collaboration with trumpet specialist Will Spencer
- This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
We normally ship this item within the UK by Royal Mail. This is not a guaranteed service and can take up to 14 days for delivery. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service and we will send it by Special Delivery or courier.
Mainland UK: £3.50 within mainland UK ( Orders over £99 are delivered FREE )
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout).
Order this item before 4pm and receive it on the next working day, mainland UK only*
On demo in store No Condition New
|This product has no reviews yet.|