Mixing with vinyl is the traditional way to DJ and the way that I learned! Mixing with vinyl records has some great benefits. Firstly, and I don’t care what anyone else says… nothing sounds as good as a vinyl record! Vinyl gives you a pure analogue sound as the audio is created as the needle moves with the grooves of the record. There is no digital sampling at all, so you get a lovely warm sound, especially on stomach-rumbling low-end bass parts! What’s more is that you occasionally get some lovely little pops and crackles as the needle runs over a speck of dust, or due to scratches that the record has picked up with age, which gives every record a unique and individual character! You can actually hear which records have been most loved and this is something that I love! Plus, not much beats bringing home a brand new batch of fresh plates (or receiving them through the post as is more common nowadays).
Tag Archives: vinyl
Search the Blog
- Blog entries (691)
- General News (1275)
- Product News (1041)
- Uncategorized (39)
- Bob on 'ROLAND BOSS DR-880 DRUM MACHINE'
- Funk on 'ROLAND BOSS DR-880 DRUM MACHINE'
- Kenny Reid on 'MAC: HOW TO SET UP AN AGGREGATE AUDIO DEVICE'
- Dan The Man on 'Blackstar Amplification FREE Insider software update (v1.6.0)'
- Kenneth Borrett on 'Blackstar Amplification FREE Insider software update (v1.6.0)'