Mixing with vinyl is the traditional way to DJ and the way that I learned! Mixing with vinyl records has some great benefits. Firstly, and I don’t care what anyone else says… nothing sounds as good as a vinyl record! Vinyl gives you a pure analogue sound as the audio is created as the needle moves with the grooves of the record. There is no digital sampling at all, so you get a lovely warm sound, especially on stomach-rumbling low-end bass parts! What’s more is that you occasionally get some lovely little pops and crackles as the needle runs over a speck of dust, or due to scratches that the record has picked up with age, which gives every record a unique and individual character! You can actually hear which records have been most loved and this is something that I love! Plus, not much beats bringing home a brand new batch of fresh plates (or receiving them through the post as is more common nowadays).
Tag Archives: turntable
Search the Blog
- Blog entries (748)
- General News (1332)
- Product News (1094)
- Uncategorized (40)
- Jessie Albano on 'ORANGE DUAL TERROR VALVE AMP HEAD REVIEW'
- Kris on 'Top 5 Best Closed Back Headphones'
- Matt Park on 'The New Adam Audio S-Series Monitors Have Finally Been Announced'
- JJ on 'The New Adam Audio S-Series Monitors Have Finally Been Announced'
- Dan The Man on 'FREE LIGHTNING CABLE WITH APOGEE'