Call Us: 01202 597180
We're open: Monday - Saturday 10am - 6pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays 10am - 4pm.

Absolute Music

• TRAKTOR KONTROL S4

Posted on November 9, 2010 by Joe Stachowiak

There has been a storm of excitement stirring up the digital DJ world of late, with news of the highly anticipated Traktor Kontrol S4 DJ controller on the horizon. And now I am pleased to announce that it is finally here, and available today! So grab yourself a slice of the DJing future! It’s time to unleash the beast…

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, DJ Gear, In-Depth Reviews and was tagged with digital dj, hardware, review, software

• PRO TOOLS 9 AND FOCUSRITE

Posted on November 9, 2010 by Joe Stachowiak

In 2000, Digidesign chose Focusrite as their hardware partner to deliver what was to become the most successful Pro Tools interface ever – the original Mbox.

Now, with the introduction of Avid Pro Tools 9, Focusrite interfaces have once again been declared as the top choice for Pro Tools users.

With the unique RTAS MixControl plug-in, Focusrite interfaces bring the flexible monitoring of Saffire MixControl, straight into the Pro Tools 9 environment. What’s more, every Focusrite interface combines award-winning mic pre-amps with the best-in-class digital conversion and clocking to ensure you capture your sound – entirely.
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, Product News and was tagged with avid, focusrite, interface, pro tools 9

• AVID PRO TOOLS 9

Posted on November 5, 2010 by Joe Stachowiak

The next generation in pro audio production has arrived with a massive BANG! The world’s most popular and most advanced music and audio production platform has been completely re-architected, to produce the sensational Avid Pro Tools 9! And the most exciting news of all, is that it now comes as a 100% software package, meaning that it is no longer essential to hook it up to a dedicated piece of Avid or Digidesign software. This opens up the platform to a whole range of new users, and means that it can be run at home on a desktop, OR on the move on a laptop! It’s portable Pro Tools, and it’s still as powerful as ever!

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, Product Previews and was tagged with avid, daw, pro tools 9, review, software

• AVID PRO TOOLS 9 RELEASED!

Posted on November 5, 2010 by Joe Stachowiak

HUGE NEWS in the DAW world! It’s the release of Avid PRO TOOLS 9! And now, you don’t need to own Avid or Digidesign audio hardware to run it, so the industry standard in audio DAWs is now available to everyone! Run it on your desktop, take it with you on your laptop, it’s the most flexible version of Pro Tools ever, and it’s jam packed with all the professional features that made the older versions such a hit!

And for something else to get excited about, Avid Pro Tools 9 also comes with Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC), which will go a long way to improving your mix workflow, meaning there is now no need to manually compensate for latencies from hardware I/O, internal and external routing, and plug-in algorithm processing.
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, New Releases, Product News and was tagged with avid

• Alesis DM7 USB Kit

Posted on November 4, 2010 by Joe Stachowiak

News from Alesis, with the announcement of a brand-new electronic drum set - the DM7 USB Kit.

The Alesis DM7 USB Kit features crushing bass drums, cracking snares, melodic toms and shimmering cymbals - all at your fingertips. Experience the thrill of busting out beats on eight total drum and cymbal pads powered by the DM7 drum module, with over 400 sounds. Between the rugged DMRack, triple-zone snare pad, choke-able crash, and USB computer connectivity, the DM7 USB Kit gives you flagship features at an ultra-affordable price.
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Drums, New Releases, Product News and was tagged with usb

• KNS Series Headphones

Focusrite and KRK are pleased to announce the launch of a totally new product category - the KNS Series Headphones!

Similar in purpose and design philosophy to all KRK products, both the KNS-6400 and KNS-8400 provide honest reproduction that will benefit studio engineers, studio musicians, producers and avid music fans alike.

For years, KRK has been known for innovations in speakers, monitors and subwoofers. The new KNS series of headphones with their ability to reveal exactly what you have on the tracks is an ideal choice for critical listening.
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in New Releases, Product News, Recording

• TENORI-ON REVIEW

This review kindly written by Tony Long. You can read more reviews like this, along with Tony's productions at his personal site -> Tony Long Music

INTRODUCTION

The Yamaha Tenori-On, it has a strange name and is something I have wanted to find out about for a while now. When you are being sent a musical instrument which has 256 orange LED's and is made by Yamaha, you know straight away that it is going to be something very special, unique and visually stunning. As I turned it on and started to play it, I realised that is exactly what it is. It certainly passed my user-friendly test because I was composing a very syncopated melody with dynamics and interest in seconds and it felt a bit like painting with sound. Yamaha are renowned for packing many features into their products, so I need to look a little into what they are. I suppose the quick start guide is a good place to start.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, In-Depth Reviews, Keyboards & Synths, Live Sound and Light and was tagged with review, synth, yamaha

• sE Electronics News: Grammy winning drummer Ricky Lawson discovers sE Mics

Posted on November 3, 2010 by Steve_sE

‘Drummer to the Stars’ on his sE 4 matched pair: “As soon as we put those mics up… bam! Compared to previous mics I’ve been using its like night and day.”

In the world of drummers, none come bigger than Ricky Lawson. The legendary sticks-man has played with some of the biggest names in the business, including Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Quincy Jones, Al Jarreau, Bette Midler… such is the calibre of Ricky’s CV that he’s even become known throughout the music industry as “Drummer to the Stars.”

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Interviews, Recording and was tagged with microphones, se electronics

• sE Electronics News: From Snow Patrol to Gary Go, Johnny McDaid and sE

Posted on November 3, 2010 by Steve_sE

Johnny McDaid is a writer and producer working with some of the biggest talents around including Snow Patrol, Paul Van Dyk and Gary Go. Every day brings a different recording challenge so it’s a good job he is armed with a whole range of sE gear…

Johnny McDaid must smile whenever he steps into his bespoke studio because this man has one of the best jobs in music. One day he’s remixing U2, the next he can be playing live with the Snow Patrol, and the next he could be writing with dance megastar Paul Van Dyk (on huge anthems like Time Of Our Lives and Home) or recording the current darling of the music industry, Gary Go – “he’s infectiously talented – a joy to work with,” notes Johnny.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Interviews, Recording and was tagged with gemini, microphones, se electronics

• AMPLITUBE 2 FOR IPHONE REVIEW

Posted on November 2, 2010 by Joe Stachowiak

AMPLITUBE VERSION 2 FOR IPHONE NOW AVAILABLE FROM IK MULTIMEDIA

All I can say is 'WOW'! I'm proud to introduce to you a truly exciting product, in the form of Amplitube 2 for iPhone and iPod...

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Guitars, In-Depth Reviews, iOS Devices & Apps and was tagged with ik multimedia, iphone, irig, review

Displaying items 1981 to 1990 of 2060