Call Us: 01202 597180
We're open: Monday - Saturday 10am - 6pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays 10am - 4pm.

Absolute Music

• PROPELLERHEAD BALANCE PREVIEW

Posted on September 22, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

It’s due out at the end of this month, but what is this mysterious new product from the Propellerhead camp? I felt that it was time for me to find out! Please note that this article is a preview, not a review as I haven't used the Balance yet... I'm simply doing some research to inform you of what we can expect when it is released...

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, Product Previews, Recording and was tagged with balance, interface, propellerhead, reason, studio

• ROLAND R-MIX

Posted on September 20, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Roland R-MixRoland have recently announced a brand new and thoroughly innovative piece of software called 'R-MIX'. But what exactly is it? Let's take a quick look...Roland R-MIX software splits a stereo mix into frequency, panning and level elements and then creates a visual representation of the song using 'harmonic clouds'. Because each instrument in a song will have different frequency characteristics as well as different stereo positions, the visual landscape that is created actually allows you to 'see' each instrument in a mix!
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, New Releases, Product News and was tagged with roland, software

• ARE ALL PORTABLE VOCAL BOOTHS THE SAME?

Posted on September 20, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Reflexion FilterSimple answer... no!In this video, James Ishmaev-Young of sE Electronics describes how the Reflexion Filter works and explains why you should always choose it over its competitors. This video also contains some information on basic acoustic concepts and so it's a thoroughly interesting piece all round!
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Interviews, Product News, Recording and was tagged with filter, se electronics

• ROOM ACOUSTICS

Posted on September 19, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Thanks to the physics of sound, the space you record in is as crucial as the gear you use, as Andy Munro explains…

MEET THE WRITER

Principle owner of Munro Acoustics, Andy co-founded Dynaudio Acoustics in 1990 and still designs custom Dynaudio monitor systems. He is currently designing many of the studios for the new BBC Broadcasting House and he is working with sE Electronics to develop a range of monitors.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Magazine, Recording and was tagged with andy munro, audio, treatment

• TC-HELICON VOICELIVE RACK

Posted on September 15, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

TC Helicon VoiceLive RackTC-Helicon have announced an exciting new model of VoiceLive vocal processor! The VoiceLive Rack is the perfect product for both studio and live use, ideal for anyone that wants the latest vocal effects, but prefers to have them in a rack-mountable unit as opposed to a pedal. However, the TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack can also act as a USB audio interface and so it is ideal for the singer who records and wants top line vocal FX without the hassle!
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Live Sound and Light, New Releases, Product News and was tagged with effects

• PRESONUS AUDIOBOX VSL RANGE

PreSonus AudioBoxMore news of some excellent new USB 2.0 interfaces, this time from PreSonus with their brand new AudioBox VSL range.The AudioBox VSL range features three different models of interface, the PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL, the PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL and the PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL. These USB 2.0 audio interfaces feature Virtual StudioLive (VSL) technology: EQ, dynamics, reverb and delay based on those of the exceptionally popular PreSonus StudioLive range of digital mixers, but running on a connected computer – surprisingly this processing is able to operate with latencies so low as to compare to hardware solutions, allowing these interfaces to be as useful at on-stage as they are in the studio. AudioBox VSL interfaces can be thought of as rack-mount StudioLive mixers, and additionally they all ship with the award-winning Studio One Artist DAW for instant plug-and-play recording!
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, New Releases, Product News, Recording and was tagged with interface, presonus

• FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 2i2

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2Announcing a new addition the popular range of Scarlett interfaces from Focusrite, the 2i2.The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is a compact 2-in/2-out interface and considering that it is equipped with two of Focusrite's pristine quality mic preamps as well as ultra-fast USB 2.0 connectivity, high-quality 24-bit/96kHz digital conversion, zero latency monitoring, Focusrite plug-in suite and Ableton Live Lite, all for a little over £100, this interface is set to take the budget market by storm, blowing all similarly priced interfaces out of the water! For this price, there is honestly nothing on the market that comes close to the specs of the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, New Releases, Product News and was tagged with focusrite, interface, scarlett

• ANDY MUNRO - SE ELECTRONICS EGG VIDEO INTERVIEW

sE Munro EggAndy Munro is a name associated with the sound of some of the world's top studios. He is an acoustic consultant with 30 years of experience in sound and monitor design... in fact, he has even written a short article on each of these subjects for us if you are interested:• Studio Monitors with Andy Munro
    Room Acoustics with Andy Munro
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, New Releases, Product News, Recording and was tagged with se electronics, studio

• ABLETON AUTUMN DEAL

Posted on September 14, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol X1 Controller
    The bad news is that Summer is officially over... it's Autumn, which means that chilly winter is on its way :( However, the good news is that Ableton have launched a rather tasty new offer, running between September 1st and October 31st 2011.

Between these dates, customers purchasing full versions or upgrades for Ableton Live 8 or Ableton Suite 8 will receive the newly updated Live pack by Puremagnetik, Retro Synths, for FREE! That equates to a saving of €79 (approximately £68.50). The offer also includes Educational purchases, although please note that Ableton Live Intro is not included in this offer.
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, Offers, Product News and was tagged with ableton, Live, suite

• TOM SALTA & SPECTRASONICS

Posted on September 12, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Tom SaltaComposer and Producer Tom Salta talks video game scoring and why he's a fan of Spectrasonics instruments..."There’s something about Eric [Persing]’s sensibilities when creating libraries that really resonates with me and the kind of sounds that inspire me. I consider him the godfather of sound designers and I know he has inspired many of the people creating sound libraries today." – Tom Salta
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, Interviews, Product News and was tagged with omnisphere, spectrasonics

Displaying items 1751 to 1760 of 2037