Following the announcement of MiniBrute 2, Arturia have also revealed an exciting new sequencer variant: the MiniBrute 2S.
The new Arturia MiniBrute 2S is a sophisticated analog monosynth sharing the signal creation, sound shaping power, and modular capabilities also found in the newly announced MiniBrute 2. The big difference however is that the MiniBrute 2S replaces the keyboard with a set of performance pads as well as an advanced, intuitive and addictive, triple-layer sequencer with space to save up to 64 sequences, and the ability to chain them together to create flowing performances. Its multiple layers not only let you create melodic sequences, but also create extra levels of parameter automation to really make your music come alive.
Perfectly geared toward the modern musician, the Arturia MiniBrute 2S is a sequencer based synth that promises to bring every element of your creative environment together, and unleash the true potential of modularity. As the keyboard-based version MiniBrute 2, MiniBrute 2S features semi-modular architecture, giving users the chance to rework its internal signal routing by patching into its comprehensive CV/Gate patch bay. The MiniBrute 2S can also take a commanding role in your modular setup, letting you use external modules to shape its sound, or send signals or sequences from the MiniBrute 2S to your Eurorack modules.
Arturia’s latest small-but-mighty monosynths are the successors to their debut analog instrument, the MiniBrute. The first incarnation was released back in 2012, and turned the industry on its head, offering a unique, affordable analog synth experience with attitude. The Arturia MiniBrute 2S features many of the amazing features that made its predecessor a must-have instrument, including mixable waveforms, the acidic Steiner-Parker filter, and the chaotic Brute Factor.
The MiniBrute 2s rightfully takes its place alongside the MiniBrute 2 on our 'Products to watch 2018' list. To pre-order yours now, click here.
- Mixable, multi-waveform VCO1 and VCO2 with sound shapers: Sawtooth, Ultrasaw, Square, Pulse, Triangle, Metalizer, and Sine waves, with fine and coarse tuning modes, noise generator, and external input.
- Steiner-Parker multimode filter with beefy, acidic tone, capable of self-oscillation. Featuring low pass, high pass, band pass, notch, and bypass.
- ADSR envelope generator, and extra multi-mode, CV-controllable AD filter.
- Brute Factor™ adds subtle drive effects to full blown intermodulation havoc.
- Comprehensive CV Gate modulation matrix with 48 patch points, letting you control many elements of the synthesizer and sequencer.
- Two LFOs with multiple waveforms, able to run in sync with the sequence
- Intuitive triple-layer Sequencer and advanced Arpeggiator, syncable with MIDI and USB.
- High quality, durable performance pad interface with velocity and pressure sensitivity.
- Line out, headphone output, dedicated MIDI I/O and USB connectivity.
Features of the Arturia MiniBrute 2s