iOS MISCELLANEOUS PRODUCTS & APPS

Posted on Tue 06 March 2012 in entries

iOS Miscellaneous

Well, we've almost reached the end of our iOS series of articles, but before we go, I thought I would finish off by rounding up a collection of my favourite miscellaneous products and apps!

iPad iKlip Desktop Stand

This is a desktop stand with an adjustable angle, giving you easy access to your iPad's touchscreen on a flat surface. Although it's ideal for when you are using your music apps in a studio, you can also use it with a host of other apps! Basically, if you've got an app that you think will be easier to use at an angle, the iKlip Desktop Stand may be the answer!

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="iKlip Desktop Stand"]iKlip Desktop](https://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/store/computer-music-46/hardware-4612/ipad-iphone-accessories-46128/ik-multimedia-iklip-studio-desktop-ipad-stand-47270)[/caption]

For more information on the IK Multimedia iKlip Desktop Stand, click the link below:

iKlip Desktop Stand - More Info/Buy

iOS Miscellaneous Apps

Here are a list of my current top 5 miscellaneous apps! Most have nothing at all to do with music, but all are well worth a download for the purpose of pure fun!

1. Temple Run

Warning! This app is seriously addictive and the fact that it is free makes it even more tempting to download!

Basically, you play as some kind of Indiana Jones-type character who is being pursued by some skull-faced monkey temple monster... er... things! You have to weave your way along the course whilst dodging, jumping over and ducking under obstacles along the way!

The aim of the game is to run for as long as you can without falling into the crocodile infested waters, being caught by the monsters, running into a tree, getting set on fire, etc! The further you run, the more points you get, and you should also aim to pick up coins along the way, which will also help to boost your score! The fact that the game is so simple (tilt your iOS device to move from side to side and swipe to jump, duck or turn) just adds to the sheer playability of this game and the graphics aren't bad either! You can even purchase add-on extras from the in-game store to give yourself super powers!

My top score so far is 467,767. Can you beat it?

[caption id="attachment_3051" align="aligncenter" width="318" caption="Temple Run App"]Temple Run]({static}/uploads/2012/03/temple-run.png)[/caption]

For more information on Temple Run, click the link below:

Temple Run (for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad) - More Info/Download

2. Moog Filtatron

This audio app didn't get a mention in any of my other articles but I simply had to recommend it somewhere! The Filtatron is an iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad real-time effects suite app. It features a classic Moog interface and can be used to add excellent sounding effects to a signal from a mic or line input, from the included sampler or from the app's built-in oscillator.

You can even use the app's X-Y touch-pads to warp your sounds in new and creative ways, making this an excellent studio or live performance tool.

[caption id="attachment_3053" align="aligncenter" width="317" caption="Moog Filtatron App"]Moog Filtatron App]({static}/uploads/2012/03/filtatron.png)[/caption]

For more information on the Moog Filtatron, click the link below:

Moog Filtatron (for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad) - More Info/Download

3. FIFA 12

Yes, I know, this is a music site and the stereotypical musician has very little interest in football. However, I'm a musician and I can't get enough of this game! Whether you play the console FIFA game or not, if you like football games, you're going to love this!

The graphics are excellent, the sheer number of teams and leagues is astonishing and most important of all, the gameplay is brilliant! From organising your teams' training sessions to upgrading your stadium and staff, to getting involved in the transfer market and negotiating new contracts, this game has so much! Plus, despite only having limited touchscreen controls, you can perform a vast range of different moves depending on how you tap and swipe the screen!

If you're a football fan, this game is a must! Just be prepared to waste hours of your life - it's almost as addictive as Football Manager for your iOS device!

[caption id="attachment_3056" align="aligncenter" width="476" caption="Fifa 12 App"]Fifa 12 App]({static}/uploads/2012/03/fifa-12.png)[/caption]

For more information on FIFA 12, click the link below:

FIFA 12 (for iPhone/iPod Touch) - More Info/Download

FIFA 12 (for iPad) - More Info/Download

4. Angry Birds

To me, Angry Birds is the classic iOS game. I can't tell you how long I've spent on busses and trains firing little winged characters at green pigs! In all honesty, you've probably already heard of this game, and you've also probably got it, because it really is that popular (ad that good)! Combine this with a very attractive low price and a number of different versions and you will never be bored on long journeys again!

[caption id="attachment_3058" align="aligncenter" width="476" caption="Angry Birds App"]Angry Birds]({static}/uploads/2012/03/angry-birds.png)[/caption]

For more information on any of the Angry Birds games, click the links below:

Angry Birds (for iPhone/iPod Touch) - More Info/Download

Angry Birds HD (for iPad) - More Info/Download

Angry Birds Seasons (for iPhone/iPod Touch) - More Info/Download

Angry Birds Seasons HD (for iPad) - More Info/Download

Angry Birds Rio (for iPhone/iPod Touch) - More Info/Download

Angry Birds Rio HD (for iPad) - More Info/Download

5. iSwap Faces

A rather pointless but absolutely hilarious app! iSwap Faces allows you to mix and match peoples faces in a photograph, which can lead to some absolutely hilarious results! Admittedly, it doesn't work so well all of the time as it completely depends on the picture, but when it does work, it's pure genius! There is also a free version that lets you try before you buy, although you can't save your pictures in the free version.

Anyone who enjoys this game should also check out FatBooth (for iPhone), another hilarious app that allows you to see what people would look like if they seriously piled on the pounds!

[caption id="attachment_3059" align="aligncenter" width="318" caption="iSwap Face App Example"]iSwap Face App Example]({static}/uploads/2012/03/iswap-face.png)[/caption]

For more information on iSwap Faces, click the link below:

iSwap Faces (for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad) - More Info/Download

iSwap Faces Lite (for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad) - More Info/Download

Singing Off, For Now...

Well, that's the end of our iOS round-up! However, I'm predicting that the future holds a lot more for these devices and I expect a lot more iOS related music products to be announced soon. However, for now, we hope that you have found these articles informative and interesting. If you have any questions or if you would like to leave feedback on any of the products or apps mentioned in these articles, then feel free to leave comments below :)