In this blog post I will take a little look at Roland's Cube XL series of guitar amps. Rather than being a review, this blog entry will act as more of an extension to our current product description, so if you are looking for more information about the Cube XL series of amplifiers, then you have come to the right place!
If you’re a guitarist looking for an amp, here are ten reasons why you should check out Roland’s new Cube XL range of amplifiers:
1. Roland Cube XL amps are powered by BOSS effects!
2. COSM technology recreates the worlds finest amps.
3. Roland Cube XL amps are louder and clearer than comparable amps.
4. All models up from the Roland Cube 20XL feature a JC-120 clean mode.
5. All Roland Cube XL amps feature a sealed cabinet, i.e. they do not have an open back, which helps protect your valuable assets!
6. Roland Cube XL amps feature a metal speaker grill to prevent speaker damage.
7. All knob shafts and housings on the Roland Cube XL amps are metal, not plastic!
8. All Roland Cube XL amps feature highly-visible top-mounted controls.
9. Roland Cube XL amps have edge protectors instead of corner protectors for extra... well... protection!
10. There is virtually a zero failure rate on Roland Cube XL amps.
ROLAND CUBE XL AMPS - PURE, AUTHENTIC TONE
If you’re looking for tone then the Roland Cube XL series delivers, as they’re powered by industry-standard Boss effects. It’s like having a load of Boss compact effect pedals included, so you can create the tones you need. Also, Roland’s renowned COSM technology recreates a host of classic amps and effects to give you some of the best sounds from the past few decades. And from the Roland Cube 20XL up, the JC-120 mode gives the classic smooth, warm tone that guitarists have loved since its introduction in 1975.
ROLAND CUBE XL AMPS - PRACTICE? PERFECT!
Roland Cube XL amps are ideal for practicing, since they're lightweight and easy to transport, but go very loud when you need to crank it up. In fact, they’re much louder and clearer than other practice amps and because they come with useful practice features like a built-in guitar tuner and a looper function (40XL and 80XL), they’re perfect for anyone learning guitar.
ROLAND CUBE XL AMPS - DESIGNED TO BE USED, DAY IN, DAY OUT
The controls on a Roland Cube XL amp are tough and durable. The shaft underneath each knob is made of metal so you can rest assured that they won’t snap. Also, the controls are top-mounted, so you can always see your settings whether you’re standing or sitting: essential for those long practise sessions.
ROLAND CUBE XL AMPS - BUILT TO LAST
If build quality is important to you, then the custom-designed cabinet in each Roland Cube XL amp brings several notable benefits. The baffle board slots into the sides of the amp, rather than being screwed and glued in, meaning that the amp’s speaker cone can handle whatever you throw at it. Test it by cranking your Cube XL amp up to full blast. You won’t hear any distortion at all, because the speaker housing is so secure, it doesn’t vibrate within the amp. The edge protectors then protect the whole side of the amp rather than just the corners, adding to the strength of the amp.
Your amp needs to handle any accidental mishaps, so Roland Cube XL amps have a metal grill to protect the speaker, and it helps to project the sound. The sealed cabinet design also helps protect the insides of the amp. Finally, the thinking, design and workmanship that goes in to Cube XL amps means that they hardly ever go wrong: they have one of the lowest failure rates in the industry.
The range comprises the Cube-15XL, Cube-20XL, Cube-40XL and Cube-80XL and whether you’re looking for a practice amp or an amp for gigging, a Roland Cube XL amp will exceed your expectations.