Are you an unsigned band or singer/songwriter with your own, unique tracks? If so then Shure want to hear from you and in return, you could win a shed-load of amazing prizes, including a gig at the Montreux Jazz Festival in 2014, the chance to record a 3 track EP with Chris Kimsey (probably most famous for co-producing The Rolling Stones' Undercover and Steel Wheels albums) at Kore Studios in London, plus €3000-worth of Shure gear!
To enter this competition and put yourself in with a chance of winning all of these amazing prizes:
• CLICK HERE to visit the Shure Call For Legends website, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the 'ENTER NOW!' icon.
• Upload one of your own songs; it doesn't matter what genre it is. Please be aware that the song must be an original composition and cover songs will not be accepted. You also need to own all the rights to the song and it must be in an mp3 format with a maximum file size of 10 MB.
• Upload a short video biography (max 1 minute and in English). Within the video, please make sure that you cover the following topics:
* What's your main music style?
* How long have the band been together/you been performing alone?
* How many songs have you written as a band/solo artist?
* Do you have any recording experience?
* How many gigs have you played?
* What has been your highlight to date as a band/musician?
You should also include footage of your live gigs and submit the video in either wmv, avi, 3gp, mov, mp4, mpeg or flv format (max size: 100 MB).
• Choose your own prize! The great thing about the product-based prize in this competition is that you can be sure that you'll find all the gear useful because you choose what you win! When entering the competition, you will be prompted to create a wish list of Shure products worth up to €3000 (based on RRPs). Select from wireless systems, microphones, headphones and in-ear systems to create your ultimate live set-up.
• Get people to listen to your song! You will need at least 300 plays on your competition profile page in order to be considered for the next stage of the contest so make sure you promote it any way you can and get your friends and family to share it as well!
Your song, video and product selection will be published on a special profile on the www.shure-call-for-legends.eu website, with links to your Soundclound and Youtube pages. A panel of Shure judges will choose their top 20 entries based on the song and video and a panel of 3 professionals (Chris Kimsey, Mathieu Jaton and Erroll Antoine) will then view this list and select 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners from it. Please note that second and third place acts will be able to choose up to €1000-worth of Shure equipment!
To view all terms and conditions of this competition, please CLICK HERE to visit the Shure Call For Legends website. Please note that you must be 18 or over in order to win first prize. Competition closes on 27th December 2013.
We wish you all the best of luck and if you want some final tips before entering then we suggest watching the video below to learn what Chris Kimsey will be listening out for!