The Nord Drum 2 is a 6-channel analogue-modelling percussion synthesiser, which can make a wide variety of electronic sounds. Whether you're after something to sit on your studio desk and tweak, something to use in a live situation in combination with the free Nord Beat 2 sequencing App and Nord Pad, or you want a powerful electronic drum module to work in combination with drum trigger pads (for building a standalone kit or adding to an existing electronic or acoustic kit), the Nord Drum 2 is designed to deliver.
However, for existing Nord Drum 2 users (and those looking at purchasing one in the near future), Nord have just released a major software update that fixes a number of bugs and adds a handful of new features, including:
• FM-synthesis added to the tone section with 6 different FM-algorithms.
• MIDI CC-control of all parameters.
• New MIDI mode allows you to trigger each channel of the Nord Drum 2 at different pitches with a controller keyboard or sequencer.
• Memory capacity has been doubled and re-organised into 8 banks, each with 50 memory locations (that's 400 in total).
• Nord Drum 2 Manager software for Mac and Windows makes it easy to transfer and back-up your banks on your computer.
• 4 new filter types have been added to the Noise section of the Nord Drum 2, including High Pass 12/24sB, Low Pass 12dB and Band Pass 6dB.
• Hand Clap mode has been improved.
• Dynamic curves have been added for pads and triggers in order to optimise the Nord Drum 2 for your particular playing style.