Call Us: 01202 597180
We're open: Monday - Saturday 10am - 6pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays 10am - 4pm.

Posted on January 16, 2014 by Joe Stachowiak There have been 6 comment(s)

Focusrite have just announced a brand new interface, which is designed for recording to iPads and iPad Minis with a lightning port.

The iTrack Dock is a 2-in, 2-out device, which features two of Focusrite's renowned microphone preamps, as well as connections for hooking up a guitar and line level device. It also has the capability to provide phantom power and has outputs for connecting to studio monitors. Of course, there's also a headphone output.

Focusrite iTrack Dock

The iTrack Dock is specifically designed for those that need to record professional quality audio to their iPad, with a bit-depth and sample rate of up to 24-bits, 96kHz. It even charges your iPad when connected.

The iTrack Dock works with all Core Audio Apps, including GarageBand, Cubasis and Auria, plus Focusrite's FREE Tape App.

The Focusrite iTrack Dock is due to begin shipping in May 2014.

For more information on the iTrack Dock, click the link below or give us a call on 01202 597180 or e-mail [email protected].

Focusrite iTrack Dock - More Info/Buy

Focusrite iTrack Dock - Connections

This post was posted in Computer Music, General News, iOS Devices & Apps, New Releases, Product News, Recording and was tagged with focusrite, focusrite itrack dock, ipad interface, namm, namm 2014

• I have to say that the ITrack looks incredible but will it work with a Tascam US1800 so eight tracks can be recorded at once?

Posted on April 11, 2014 at 4:52 pm

• Hi Martin,

You can certainly connect two line outputs of the Tascam to the line inputs of the iTrack Dock. You will need the Tascam attached to a computer and the iTrack Dock attached to your iPad, but if you have 8 input sources connected to the Tascam, the combined stereo signal can be recorded to the iPad. Please note that because the iTrack Dock only has 2 inputs, you will not be able to record 8 sources to separate channels within your iPad recording software; instead it will record the combined signal of all instruments as a single stereo track.

I hope that helps :)

Posted on April 14, 2014 at 11:02 am

• Martin says:

Hi thanks for getting back to me.
    At the moment my Tascam US1800 connects to my Laptop via the USB connection so I thought that wouls do the same on the ITrack.

but thanks

Posted on April 14, 2014 at 2:19 pm

• Oh, ok, so you want to have both interfaces connected to your computer at the same time? If you have a Mac, you would usually be able to do this with multiple interfaces. It's called creating an aggregate device - CLICK HERE for more info on this. This does however increase the latency of your system, but it's a really useful way to gain more inputs and outputs if your interfaces cannot connect together digitally. However, the iTrack Dock only features a lightning connector, as it is especially designed for working with an iPad. Therefore, if you are looking for an interface to work with your computer, I would look at something different. For example, Focusrite's iTrack Solo and Scarlett 6i6 interfaces are confirmed as working with iPads, PCs and Macs (with compatible operating systems). Or, if you just need something to work with a PC/Mac, check out the Scarlett 2i2. I hope that helps clear up your questions.

Oh, and if you're in the UK or ROI and you do go for a Focusrite, they're running daily £200 giveaways at the moment until 2nd of June, so don't forget to register asap! CLICK HERE for more details on this.

Posted on April 15, 2014 at 9:55 am

• Hi,
    Do you have a specific date in May that these shouldbe available from? Definitely want to pick one of these up

Posted on April 29, 2014 at 3:42 pm

• We're expecting our first lot in during the first week of June :)

Posted on April 30, 2014 at 1:51 pm