Dorico defines a new standard in notation software, designed to be intuitively accessible while allowing its users to craft and print publication- quality scores
A few years ago Steinberg established an R&D center with a new development team in London, setting out to develop next-generation professional scoring software for composers, arrangers, engravers, copyists and educators. Now, Steinberg has provided an overview of the powerful feature set to be included in the initial major release of Dorico, the advanced music notation system.
Dorico provides the most flexible note input and editing functionality of any scoring application, including the ability to work entirely in open meter or to freely rebar existing music, while maintaining clear and unambiguous rhythmic notation at all times. Only Dorico allows composers to experiment freely with musical ideas, including seamlessly inserting music within an existing passage, or changing the durations of existing notes, and have correct notation produced automatically after every step. The application also provides unique capabilities for project management, allowing users to easily produce works with an unlimited number of staves and movements, sections or pieces within the same project. Dorico facilitates the creation of various score layouts with independent page size, staff size and system layout, powered by a desktop publishing-quality page layout engine.
Features at a glance
- Next-generation 64-bit scoring software for OS X and Windows, designed by musicians for musicians
- Beautiful engraved output with unrivaled attention to detail
- Flexible note input and powerful editing, including ability to insert and change duration of existing notes
- Streamlined, single-window interface puts every tool at your fingertips
- Powerful score management features to handle multiple independent pieces of music within
the same project
- Unlimited number of staves and movements, sections, or pieces within the same project
- Easily create layouts for full scores and instrumental parts with independent page size, staff size and system layout
- Use your computer keyboard or MIDI keyboard to input music quickly and efficiently
- Superior note spacing with optical kerning of adjacent elements, with tighter default spacing
and no rhythmic distortion
- Import and export in MusicXML, MIDI and graphics formats
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with flexible routing for virtual instrument and effect playback
- Compatible with VST 3 virtual instruments and effects processors
- Outstanding virtual instruments with more than 1,500 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE 2
workstation and complete HALion Symphonic Orchestra library
- Suite of high-end VST effect processors, including channel strip modules (compressor, EQ, limiter) and convolution reverb
FOR MORE INFORMATION GIVE US A CALL ON 01202 597180 OR E-MAIL [email protected]EMUSIC.CO.UK.