ALL YOU NEED TO DO…
1. Make a short video (between 3 and 4 minutes long) reviewing a product that you have knowledge of and that we stock.
2. Once you’ve made your video, email us at [email][email protected][/email], telling us your name and the product(s) you’ve reviewed.
3. You’ll receive an email back asking you to attach your video file. Follow the simple click-process outlined in the email and send your video to us. The closing date for entries will be 12pm (midday) on November 17th 2010.
4. The staff at Absolute Music will judge all the entries and the senders of the five best videos will each receive a £50 voucher to be spent at Absolute Music.
5. And it gets better! These best five videos will be uploaded to the Absolute Music Facebook page on November 19th 2010 at 12pm, and the video that receives the most ‘likes’ by 12pm on November 29th 2010 will receive an additional £100 voucher!
THE IMPORTANT BIT…
• The video must be of a product that we stock on our website.
• The product may be hardware, software, an instrument, an accessory…. anything!
• Videos should not exceed 75MB. If you find your video is larger than this, you may attempt to send it but we cannot guarantee it will work! Please send us a separate email to let us know if this is the case.
• There is no limit on the number of times you can enter. Each person may submit as many entries as they like before the deadline.
• In order for people to ‘Like’ your video, they must be or become a member of the Absolute Music Facebook page, so make sure people know about it!
• Please begin each video with a sentence that introduces yourself and Absolute, eg: “Hello, this is Dave, new reviewer for Absolute Music and today I’m taking a closer look at the new Pro Tools MBox” or something along those lines!
• You may team together and do a video with your friend(s) or bandmates. However, please be aware that prizes are awarded per video, NOT per person.
• Please do not include any offensive content in your video. For example, if you are filming in a room with posters in the background that may be unsuitable for younger viewers, make sure these are removed or obscured. Any video that contains any explicit material (foul language, unacceptable images, etc) will not be uploaded and will not be entered into the competition.
• If any music features in your video, the copyright must belong to you, as we are unable to redistribute any videos featuring music by other artists, due to UK copyright laws. On the up side, this is a great excuse to showcase your own music in your video!
HINTS AND TIPS…
• Make your video unique and interesting.
• Include facts and honest opinions about the product. If you like it, why do you like it? If you hate it, what makes it so bad? How could the product be improved?
• You could compare one product to another.
• You might include your own tips and tricks for using the product.
• If you’re stuck for ideas on how to do a video review, check out some other internet reviews for inspiration, but please do not outrightly copy them! We want YOUR view of the product not someone else’s!
• Be creative! You may choose to do it a completely different way! It’s up to you!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• By entering a video into the competition, you give permission for Absolute Music to upload your video on to our Facebook site, website, and YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/absolutemusicuk) at any time.
• By entering you also give permission for the video to be shown in-store or at any event/venue where Absolute Music is showing video content. This includes videos that do not make our ‘top 5’.
• We will not share any other information you supply to us with anyone else.
So, get those cameras rolling and win yourself some cash!
If you have any questions please contact [email][email protected][/email]