Spawn of the mighty Taurus 3 synth, the new Moog Minitaur is a powerful synth that'll definitely shake up your bass. It's lost the foot pedals and is much more compact than its bigger sibling, but still packs a sub-shaking punch.
It bass-ically pulls together all the powerful sound of the original Taurus bass pedals (beloved by Weezer, Yes, J-M Jarre and others) and their near-40-year legacy in a smaller package, as Moog's own chief engineer, Cyril Lance, confirms: "The Minitaur has all the growl, snarl and body associated with the Taurus family… in a compact package that is immediately playable as an extremely versatile analogue synth but also integrates seamlessly into the world of MIDI and USB."Couldn't have put it better ourselves, so we'll leave you with the specs and this cool intro video...
• Oscillators: 2 ultra-stable (with sawtooth and square waveshapes)
• Filter: Classic Moog ladder style
• Envelope generators: 2 Minimoog-style ADSR generators with Release ON/OFF switch
• LFO: 1 MIDI-syncable triangle wave LFO
• MIDI: DIN MIDI In, MIDI over USB
• CV inputs: Yes, for pitch, filter, volume, gate
• Availability: not soon enough! (Spring 2012)
• Price: USD $679 (UK price to be confirmed)
For more information on the Moog Minitaur, click the link below: