Last year the guitar department, and many of our customers, got very excited when Vox announced their new 50 watt, lunchbox sized amp heads, so we are very pleased to see that the range has been extended to include two more flavours.
The two new models that have been added to the MV50 series lineup are the MV50 High Gain & Vox MV50 Boutique. Equipped with the next-generation vacuum tube Nutube, and featuring a stunningly light-weight design of only 540 grams (1.1 lbs.), these amp heads boast a high 50W of output power. As its name implies, the sound of the MV50 High Gain is optimized for high gain, while the MV50 Boutique distills the sound of a legendary boutique amp coveted by guitarists. With even more variations, the MV50 series is expanding its offering and showing no signs of slowing down.
- Only 540 grams (1.1 lbs.)! An ultra-compact head amp that you can easily carry in one hand.
- In spite of its size, monster-class sound power with 50W output
- The preamp features Nutube, the new vacuum tube that utilises vacuum fluorescent display technology
- Two new amplifier models: High Gain and Boutique
- Analog circuitry based on a pure design philosophy
- EQ switch provides sound that's the perfect match for the size of the cabinet being used
- Speaker emulated line/headphone output jack
- Retro-chic design with mirror-finish front & VU meter
- An excellent match for the BC108 or BC112 from VOX’s Black Cabinet Series
Main features of the Vox MV50
Vacuum tube sound powered by Nutube is alive and well
Powered by Nutube, the MV50 series achieved shockingly light-weight design, and is currently available in three models with differing sonic characters: AC, Clean, and Rock. Each model is capable of amazingly powerful sound that you would not expect from its looks or size, and these units have stunned guitarists around the world. Now, two new types have been added to the lineup: High Gain and Boutique. The fat sense of drive that's distinctive of vacuum tubes — and is characteristic of the Nutube — is alive and well. Painstaking attention has also been paid to the analog circuitry, perfectly replicating even the complex interaction between the components of a vacuum tube amp. Fast response and overpowering dynamics are also major features of the MV50 series.
Vox MV50 High Gain
If you want the high-gain sound that's indispensable for modern music, the MV50 High Gain is the amp for you!
Equipped with a MID CONTROL SWITCH that boosts or cuts the mid-frequency range, this amp gives you a versatile range, delivering edgy sounds with a boosted high and low end that are perfect for riffing or a thick lead sound.
Vox MV50 Boutique
The Vox MV50 Boutique distills the sound of legendary boutique amps coveted by pro guitarists. It covers the range from warm and clean to cutting overdrive that's ideal for expressive leads, and responds naturally to the subtle nuances of your playing. Out of all the MV50 models, the MV50 Boutique produces a sense of compression that is most typical of a traditional vacuum tube amp.