Call Us: 01202 597180
We're open: Monday - Saturday 10am - 6pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays 10am - 4pm.

Monthly Archives: August 2011

• ANTARES AUTOTUNE EFX SPECIAL PRICE

Posted on August 30, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Antares AutoTune EFX
    We have recently dropped the price of the groundbreaking Autotune software technology, Antares AutoTune EFX from £79.10 down to £50! This offer is available now, until further notice and while stocks last.

Whether you are simply wanting to neaten up your vocal performance, or you're wanting to produce that classic Cher effect, now is the time to do it!
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, Offers, Product News and was tagged with antares, offer

• PERFECT YOUR PA

Posted on August 28, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Get to know the specs of your PA and you’ll find more power to play with, as Rob Speight explains…

MEET THE WRITER

Having spent the last 23 years honing his sound engineering skills, Rob is MD of Outpost Sound, offering recording, mixing, post-production and sound design services to music professionals.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Live Sound and Light, Magazine and was tagged with Live, pa speaker, speaker

• STUDIO MONITORS

Posted on August 27, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Expert acoustician and monitor designer Andy Munro explains why it's so important to get exactly the right monitors…

MEET THE WRITER

Principle owner of Munro Acoustics, Andy co-founded Dynaudio Acoustics in 1990 and still designs custom Dynaudio monitor systems. He is currently designing many of the studios for the new BBC Broadcasting House and he is working with sE Electronics to develop a range of monitors.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, Magazine, Recording and was tagged with egg, genelec, krk, monitor, se electronics, studio

• DAVE SPOON'S PRODUCTION TIPS

Posted on August 26, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Remixer, producer and house supremo Dave Spoon lets us in on some of his top production tips…

STUDIO SECRETS

Hi, I’m Dave Spoon, general music nerd, producer for Wretch32, remixer of Madonna, Dizzee Rascal and others, and cultivator of a few of my own house hits, both solo and with Pete Tong no less. Enough showing off though, that’s not important right now. You’re reading this as I get ready to share some of my innermost studio secrets… the kind of stuff I get asked all the time that I genuinely don’t mind sharing. It might be a bass drum trick, hardware wiring or dealing with remix parts. Actually it will be all those things and more to assist you or at least give an insight into how I make my noises.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, Magazine and was tagged with logic, production

• DEMO TO WIN AN OCTAPAD COMPETITION

Posted on August 23, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Roland OctapadRoland have announced a brand new competition that gives you a chance to get your hands on an Octapad SPD-30, which has an RRP of £665 (although we stock it for £559!)All you need to do is fill in your details on the Roland website and answer one simple question. There are even runners up prizes available, including an annual subscription to Rhythm Magazine, signed posters, drumsticks and photos of Craig Blundell.
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Competitions, Drums, Product News and was tagged with competition, drum, roland

• DENON DN-F650R

Posted on August 22, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Whether for live performance or background music, the Denon DN-F650R is the ideal solid-state solution for playing and recording digital music files…

The Denon DN-F650R solid-state player/recorder offers professional-quality playback and recording, with all the advantages and mass storage of digital music files on SD/SDHC memory cards and USB drives.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Magazine, Product Previews, Recording and was tagged with digital, recorder

• KORG KRONOS

Posted on August 21, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

This feature is taken from Issue 7 of our brochure...

Intrepid synth explorer, studio engineer and Absolute Music hi-tech guru, Tim Way sets off to find the secrets of this mighty Titan...

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, In-Depth Reviews, Keyboards & Synths, Magazine and was tagged with keyboard, Korg, kronos, synth, synthesiser, synthesizer

• RECORDING VOCALS

Posted on August 20, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

This article is taken from issue 7 of our brochure...

VOCAL KNOW-HOW

Achieving the perfect vocal take is a lot more in-depth than a quick gargle and a fifty-quid microphone, as our experts explain…

Recording has become easier and quicker than ever thanks to the ever evolving developments in music technology, in both hardware and software form. Gone are the days when the only way to be assured the perfect recording was to book George Martin and the whole of Abbey Road Studios for a month and a half. Nowadays if you’ve got a computer, a microphone and some half-decent musicians (or samples) you’re already halfway there.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Magazine, Recording and was tagged with mic, microphone, recording

• GUITAR EFFECTS

Posted on August 19, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Big Muff PiThis article was written by Ed Mitchell and was taken from issue 7 of our brochure... I have to say that despite being more of a computer music and synth guy, this guitar-orientated article was an extremely enjoyable read... very entertaining and informative! Nice one Ed!

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Guitars, Magazine and was tagged with blackstar, effect, guitar, line 6, pedal, Vox, z.vex

• FIRESTUDIO MOBILE TRADE-IN EXTENDED

Posted on August 17, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Presonus FireStudio Mobile
    Due to the success of the FireStudio Mobile trade-in, it is being extended until further notice!

While stocks last, you can hand us in ANY old audio interface and receive a brand new PreSonus FireStudio Mobile for just £189! That's a saving of £60 off the street price!

Simply come into our store, call us on 01202 597180 or use our online Live Chat service for more details!
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, Offers, Product News and was tagged with interface, presonus

Displaying items 1 to 10 of 32