Call Us: 01202 597180
We're open: Monday - Saturday 10am - 6pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays 10am - 4pm.

Monthly Archives: July 2011

• ALLEN & HEATH GS-R24M REVIEW

Posted on July 29, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

I've really been treated this month when it comes to DAW controllers! I thought that my luck had peaked when I was asked to review the awesome SSL Nucleus last week, but no sooner had I stopped typing the final sentence, I received an e-mail asking if would mind taking a look at the new Allen & Heath GS-R24 mixer/control surface/interface. Would i mind? Let me think... this job certainly has its perks! :D

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, In-Depth Reviews, Live Sound and Light, Recording and was tagged with controller, daw, interface, mixer

• TC ELECTRONIC NOVA SYSTEM LIMITED EDITION

TC Electronic Nova System Limited Edition
    The original Nova System is an industry classic having been embraced by a number of professional guitarists all over the world! This compact effects board is jam packed with world-class reverbs, delays and modulation effects, offering digitally controlled analogue drive for ultimate precision.

Now, TC Electronic have introduced a limited edition version of this classic pedal board, featuring a new bright-red colour and some completely new sounds! In fact, this limited edition Nova System even features a number of prestes that were planned by professional rock stars, including Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal and Peter Thorn (Guns N' Roses) and Chris Cornell (Audioslave and Soungarden).
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Guitars, New Releases, Product News and was tagged with guitar, tc electronic

• UAD FREE PLUG-INS OFFER

UAD Satellite
    Universal Audio manufacture the worlds finest analogue emulation plug-ins and if you were considering boosting your effect artillery with some of these professional plug-ins, then now is the time to do it! Well... anytime from now until September 30th that is!

Whether you are working with a Mac or a PC based studio, if you purchase any UAD-2 SOLO, DUO, or QUAD model by 30th September 2011, you will receive up to three of UAs top selling plug-ins for absolutely FREE!

WHICH PLUG-INS DO I GET?

The exact plug-ins that you will receive depends entirely on which package you purchase:
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, Offers, Product News and was tagged with uad

• 3 FOR 2 OFFER ON BOSS COMPACT PEDALS EXTENDED!

Posted on July 28, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Boss compact pedal
    Time is running out for you to grab a completely FREE boss pedal, but you still have this weekend to take advantage of this hugely popular offer!

All you need to do is purchase 2 Boss compact pedals from us, scan and e-mail your receipt and serial numbers to [email][email protected][/email], and then you will be entitled to choose another Boss compact pedal up to the RRP of the cheapest pedal that you bought for FREE!

The newly extended offer expires on 31st July (this Sunday) so you need to be really quick if you want to take advantage of this awesome offer!
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Guitars, Offers, Product News and was tagged with Boss, guitar, offer

• KORG SV-1 REVIEW

Posted on July 27, 2011 by Tony Long

You can read more reviews like this, along with Tony's productions at his personal site -> Tony Long Music.

KORG SV-1 - INTRODUCTION

Here is an instrument that I have been longing to get my hands on - The Korg SV-1 Piano. The SV stands for 'Stage Vintage' and that it exactly what it appears to be; a Stage Piano that looks as if it would have felt very much at home in the Seventies. I know that many people like me would wish that it was more of a Synth and Piano combination, but it is not! I therefore intend to concentrate this review on what it is rather than what it is not. I will be looking at the 73-note version, which is a lovely rich burgundy colour with black rounded ends...

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, In-Depth Reviews, Keyboards & Synths and was tagged with electric, Korg, piano, stage, sv-1

• SSL NUCLEUS REVIEW

Posted on July 26, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Solid State Logic (SSL)… a name renowned in the music production world for manufacturing some seriously tasty professional mixing desks! Honestly, if you have never heard of this company before, their products really are something to get very excited about, having found homes in numerous top-end professional studios across the world. Their latest offering, the Nucleus, is a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) controller and audio interface and despite still costing over three grand, it is most definitely a significant step towards allowing the home user to incorporate an SSL product into their set-up. But what exactly makes this product so special? Does it warrant its price tag? How does it stand up to the Mackie Control Universal Pro? These are all things that I am going to investigate in this review, so stay tuned…

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, In-Depth Reviews and was tagged with controller, daw, mackie, universal

• iRIG MIDI ANNOUNCED

Posted on July 25, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

First IK Multimedia allowed you to hook up your guitar with your phone...
    ... then they made it possible to connect a microphone...
    ... now they have given you the tools to plug in a MIDI device!

iRig MIDI is an extremely portable Core MIDI interface for iOS, which alows you to connect any MIDI compatible device to your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.

So, now it is possible to hook up a hardware synthesiser, a MIDI controller/keyboard, a drum machine, drum pads, pedal boards, etc, etc, etc. and have them control the included SampleTank app, or any other MIDI compatible application such as Garageband. Or, you can do the whole thing in reverse and use your application to control external MIDI equipment, such as a synth/sound module, a DAW or lighting systems!
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, New Releases, Product News and was tagged with ik multimedia, interface, irig, midi, portable

• REASON 6 GRACE PERIOD

Posted on July 20, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Propellerhead Reason 6
    30th September 2011 is a date for your diaries as this is the day that Reason 6, Reason Essentials and Propellerhead Balance will be released! However, if you are already an owner of Propellerheads' Reason, you may be entitled to some serious money off the new version! Read on for details...

• Anyone who purchases 'Reason Record Duo' or 'Record for Reason Owners' between July 1st 2011 and October 31st 2011 will receive a FREE downloadable upgrade when Reason version 6 is released.

• If you purchase Reason 5 (standalone) between July 1st 2011 and October 31st 2011, you will qualify for a discount for Reason 6 whereby purchasing through the Propellerhead web shop will allow you to upgrade for just €99.

• If you purchase Record (standalone) between July 1st 2011 and October 31st 2011, you will qualify for Reason at 50% off upgrade RRP (giving a price of €75) when purchasing through the Propellerhead web shop.
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, New Releases, Product News and was tagged with daw, propellerhead, reason, record

• TASCAM DP-004 REVIEW

Posted on July 19, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Tascam DP-004The Tascam DP-004 is a highly popular product that has received huge praise from users all over the world. I thought that I would do a bit of digging around to discover why this miniature box has become such a hit…

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, In-Depth Reviews, Recording and was tagged with portable, recorder

• NUMARK NS6 REVIEW

Posted on July 15, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

What up gangsters! It’s an exciting day for me because today is the day that I get to review the awesome looking Numark NS6! Being a D-D-D-D-DJ, these are the types of review that I look forward to the most! So instead of blabbering on for ages, I’m just going to jump straight on in behind these digital wheels of steel and see if they live up to the hype!

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, In-Depth Reviews and was tagged with controller, digital dj, itch, serato

Displaying items 1 to 10 of 18