Call Us: 01202 597180
We're open: Monday - Saturday 10am - 6pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays 10am - 4pm.

Monthly Archives: March 2011

• MACKIE ONYX 1640i

Posted on March 31, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

The Onyx range of digitally infused premium analogue mixers are perfect for live and studio applications. We plug in the 16-channel Mackie Onyx 1640i…

Mackie is widely known for designing high-performance, professional audio gear that fits into the budget of the working musician. The Mackie boffins know mixers and continually create innovative new products that blur the line between professional studio applications and the world of live sound.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Live Sound and Light, Magazine, Product Previews, Recording and was tagged with Live, mackie, studio

• AVID PRO TOOLS 9

Posted on March 30, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

The newest update to the professionals’ favourite DAW brings it within reach of us mere mortals at last. We take a long, hard look at Avid Pro Tools 9…

The introduction of version 9 of Pro Tools last autumn has to be the music industry’s hottest news in years. On launch day Avid was selling one copy every two minutes and it’s no surprise as Pro Tools 9 isn’t just any update… it’s a killer!

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, Magazine, Product Previews and was tagged with avid, daw, pro tools 9, software

• STEINBERG CUBASE 6

Posted on March 30, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

The major new update to Cubase has us dead excited with its massive editing tools, virtual instruments and groundbreaking VST Expression 2…

Are you producing your music on any old DAW? Are there any plug-in effects or editing tools you’re missing and would like to call your own? With Cubase 6, you get the whole package: top-notch instruments, great effects and a deluge of high-quality content for any music production neatly tucked away in Steinberg’s latest advanced music production system.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, Magazine, Product Previews and was tagged with cubase 6, daw, software, Steinberg, studio

• ROB PAPEN BLUE REVIEW

Posted on March 29, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Following on from my recent SubBoomBass blog post, I decided it would be useful to give you a little look at another Rob Papen product… Blue! I’ll admit now that I haven’t been using Blue for as long as I've been using SubBoomBass, so the information in this post may be a little less detailed, but hopefully I will be able to give you a little insight into how the Blue virtual instrument comes across from a beginners point of view…

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, In-Depth Reviews, Keyboards & Synths and was tagged with papen, rob, software

• QSC KW SPEAKERS

Posted on March 28, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

We were so impressed with QSC’s K series speakers that we immediately pre-ordered the new KW series, so here’s an exclusive first look at them…

When we reviewed the K-series PA speakers from QSC a couple of issues ago (in our Absolute Music brochure), we were blown away, so much so that we installed them on our live stage and added them to our Hire Department stock. When we heard about the new KW series that was to follow, we put in an advance order and were lucky enough to get the first KWs in the country. Here’s what we thought…

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Live Sound and Light, Magazine, Product Previews and was tagged with qsc

• ROB PAPEN SUBBOOMBASS REVIEW

Posted on March 25, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

I think that Rob Papen’s SubBoomBass has one of the most descriptive product names I have ever come across… it pretty much does exactly what it says on the tin! If you want light, floaty, angelic pad sounds, then SubBoomBass probably isn’t going to be the virtual instrument you reach for… but if what you are looking for is deep, heavy, wall-shaking, unique sub sounds, then SubBoomBass certainly won’t disappoint! It’s time to crank up those speakers and watch your wall-hangings vibrate!

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, In-Depth Reviews, Keyboards & Synths and was tagged with software

• FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 18i6 AND 8i6 INTERFACES

Posted on March 24, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

If you have been following us on Facebook/Twitter then you may have noticed a lot of news coming from the Focusrite camp recently. As usual, a lot of it has been to do with big name artists and award-winning producers (e.g. Carl Cox, Adrian Bushby) telling us how they use Focusrite products in their professional set-ups, and why they rate them so much, which is all interesting stuff to learn about. However, perhaps the most exciting nugget of news from Focusrite was the announcement of their new Scarlett interfaces! In fact, this announcement is definitely worthy of being described as much more than a ‘nugget’ of news… it’s far more like a large rock or boulder… but that’s not really relevant so I’ll shut up!

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, Product Previews, Recording and was tagged with 18i6, 8i6, focusrite, interface, scarlett

• WALDORF Q PHOENIX - LONELY HEARTS AD

Posted on March 23, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

I think you had better sit down before reading this next piece of news…. and have a packet of tissues at the ready… because this is a rather sad blog post I’m afraid… it’s the news that we have one of, if not the very last brand spanking new Waldorf Q Phoenix available for sale. It’s the end of an era, and only one more person can get in on the act… could it be you?

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Community & Services, Keyboards & Synths and was tagged with keyboard, synth, synthesiser

• UAD-2 REVIEW

Posted on March 23, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

If you don’t know what UAD-2 is, then I will give you a little warning. You need to think long and hard… if you take the blue pill (and you don’t read this review), then you will wake up in your bed tomorrow and will be able to go naively and happily about your day in your usual way. If you take the red pill (and read on), then you WILL want this product, and it will tear you up inside day in, day out until you get your hands on one! So choose wisely… as they say, ignorance is bliss…

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, In-Depth Reviews and was tagged with audio, duo, omni, quad, satellite, uad-2, universal

• FOCUSRITE SCARLETT 8i6

Posted on March 22, 2011 by Joe Stachowiak

Focusrite Scarlett 18i6
    BREAKING NEWS! Focusrite are announcing ANOTHER brand new audio interface... the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6...

The Scarlett 8i6 is an eight-input, six-output USB 2.0 audio interface with legendary sonic performance and unmatched flexibility at a truly affordable price. Two award-winning Focusrite preamps and a host of other I/O combine with the latest in mix control software to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability.

Alongside the two high-quality mic preamps, two additional analogue inputs, four analogue outputs, S/PDIF and MIDI open the door to true multi-track recording. Two Hi-Z instrument inputs let you plug straight in without the need to buy additional DI boxes, and two virtual Loopback inputs are also available for routing digital audio between software applications: ideal for capturing online audio.
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, New Releases, Product News and was tagged with focusrite, interface, scarlett

Displaying items 1 to 10 of 33