Call Us: 01202 597180
We're open: Monday - Saturday 10am - 6pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays 10am - 4pm.

Monthly Archives: November 2010

• KORG WEEKEND OFFER

Posted on November 25, 2010 by Joe Stachowiak

Want to grab some FREE Korg products? Then come down to Absolute Music THIS SATURDAY! This is a one day only offer, so don’t miss out!

All you need to do is visit our Nuffield store on Saturday 27th November 2010, and ask to TRY any Korg product instore, and you will be given the chance to win one of the following great prizes:
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Live Sound and Light, Offers, Product News and was tagged with offer

• KRK RP5 G2 Rokit Active Studio Monitor Video

Posted on November 25, 2010 by Dan The Man

Check out the new Absolute vid on the KRK RP5 G2 Rokit active studio monitor. Joe quickly runs through the basic setup of these great little studio speakers.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, Dan's Video Vault, Recording and was tagged with active, g2, krk, monitor, rokit, rp5

• NEW PRODUCTS ROUNDED UP FROM THE LATEST SHOWS

Posted on November 24, 2010 by AbsolutelyAbsolute

Sometimes you've just gotta take one for the team, and that's what I did recently, attending 3 music exhibitions in as many weeks. Well, someone's got to do it. To ease my guilt (and the jet lag) I spotted some fantastic new products, and here's a quick rundown…

At the PASIC Show in Indianapolis we caught a glimpse of the ALESIS DM7 USB electronic kit, powered by the new DM7 brain boasting over 400 drum and percussion sounds in 80 kits! It also features a three-zone 12-inch drum pad (plus four other drum pads and three cymbals), choke function on the crash and iPod play-along capability. It's due to hit the streets after Christmas for just £459 so click here to pre-order yours now!

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Community & Services and was tagged with pro tools 9, ultranova

• FOCUSRITE MIDNIGHT SUITE

Posted on November 24, 2010 by Joe Stachowiak

The brand new Midnight Plug-in Suite, based on the legendary Forté console has at last been released by Focusrite!

The brand new Midnight plug-in brings Focusrite’s sonic signature to your music production software through sophisticated modelling of the ISA110 EQ and ISA130 compressor. Originally created for the legendary Forté console, the ISA110 EQ and ISA130 compressor modules have contributed to the signature sound of countless hit records over the past 25 years. Highly regarded by audio professionals around the world, Focusrite’s original consoles and analogue modules are still very much in demand, but are hard to come by. The Midnight software suite gives you classic ISA EQ and compression in two separate VST, Audio Units and RTAS plug-ins at an affordable price.
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, New Releases, Product News and was tagged with focusrite

• KURZWEIL PC361 PERFORMANCE CONTROLLER SYNTH REVIEW

Posted on November 23, 2010 by Joe Stachowiak

This review kindly written by Tony Long. You can read more reviews like this, along with Tony's productions at his personal site -> Tony Long Music

KURZWEIL PC361 - INTRODUCTION

The Kurzweil PC361 Performance Controller Synth is the first Kurzweil Synth I have had a chance to get my hands on. The company have been making great Synths since the early 80's and are well known for their powerful synth engines and Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology (VAST). The PC361 is part of the renowned PC3 series which comprises of; the 88 note PC3, the 76 note PC3X, the 61 note PC361 and the XPro that adds a cabinet and sound system.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, In-Depth Reviews, Keyboards & Synths and was tagged with controller, review, synth

• NOVATION LAUNCHPAD WINTER PROMOTION

Posted on November 19, 2010 by Joe Stachowiak

Following the launch of their Winter campaign last Monday, Novation are now pleased to announce their new Novation Launchpad Winter promotion, which is set to run from now until 12th January 2011!

The popular Novation Launchpad controller, which is built with Ableton in mind, will retail for £129 at Absolute Music during this promotion period, offering a saving of £20.

In conjunction with both the Ableton software Winter Deal, and the Novation Launchpad Winter Promotion, you can now put a package together with Ableton Live 8 and a Launchpad for as little as £349.98, a saving of over £70 compared to buying at the original retail prices!
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in DJ Gear, Offers, Product News and was tagged with ableton

• NOVATION NOCTURN

Posted on November 19, 2010 by Joe Stachowiak

I’ve got to say that I’m quite a fan of Novation’s products, having previously reviewed the superb Ultranova, and being the owner of an SL61 controller keyboard. So I had no complaints at all when I was asked to take a look at the Nocturn! Let’s see if it lives up to the standards of some of it’s siblings shall we?

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, Keyboards & Synths and was tagged with controller, keyboard, midi, nocturn, Novation

• Alesis IO2 interface Video

Posted on November 19, 2010 by Dan The Man

Looking for a low cost and portable interface? Then look no further. Check out the Alesis IO2 interface. It's your ultimate companion for your laptop. This small unit is ideal for any budding recording enthusiasts that want to record/create songs on the go. Check out this vid below.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, Dan's Video Vault, Recording and was tagged with alesis, audio interface, io2

• ALESIS Q25

Posted on November 18, 2010 by Joe Stachowiak

Alesis have recently announced the availability of the Q25, a compact and highly affordable MIDI controller for musicians, DJs, and producers who just want to plug-and-play, without getting involved with numerous knobs and sliders.

The Q25 is a 25-note, velocity-sensitive, MIDI keyboard controller with USB and traditional MIDI ports that enable you to connect to almost all MIDI equipment including software and sound modules. Thanks to Pitch and Modulation wheels, backlit Octave Up and Down buttons, and a Volume/Data Entry slider, you can add expression, range, and dynamics to your performances quickly and effortlessly.
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Keyboards & Synths, New Releases, Product News and was tagged with alesis

• NEW AXIOM CONTROLLER KEYBOARDS

Posted on November 17, 2010 by Joe Stachowiak

The old Axiom Series of controller keyboards are products that I have used a lot, having been the kit of choice for every studio and workstation on my previous Music Technology University course (ah, how I miss my lazy student days!)

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, Computer Music, In-Depth Reviews, Keyboards & Synths and was tagged with keyboard, m-audio, midi controller

Displaying items 1 to 10 of 29