Call Us: 01202 597180
We're open: Monday - Saturday 10am - 6pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays 10am - 4pm.

Monthly Archives: July 2010

• 0% Finance from Roland

Posted on July 29, 2010 by Absolute Music

Roland's new Harmony Finance* offers you an easy way to spread payments over 24 months with 0% interest.

PLEASE NOTE THIS OFFER IS NOW OVER

Available now at absolutemusic, the 0% finance lets you split the costs of some of the higher value Roland instruments into 24 equal monthly payments, with the first instalment required up front as a deposit.
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Keyboards & Synths, Offers, Product News

• Roland TD20 Video

Posted on July 29, 2010 by Dan The Man

Allan demonstrates theĀ Roland TD20.

This post was posted in Blog entries, Dan's Video Vault, Drums and was tagged with drum, roland, td20

• Roland Lucina AX-09 Review

Posted on July 28, 2010 by Absolute Music

This review kindly written by Tony Long. You can read more reviews like this, along with Tony's productions at his personal site -> Tony Long Music

Here it is: - the Roland Lucina AX-09 shoulder Synthesizer. OK, so I am in front of a great big mirror, I have put on my 80's clothes, made my hair look three times bigger than it normally is, picked up a guitar strap, attached it to the new Roland Lucina, plugged her in and switched her on. I must say I like the name of this Synth taken from Greek Mythology. Roland say that they have selected the name Lucina from the Goddess of Birth. They are hoping that this little beauty will inspire a new generation of children to become synthesiser players. I thought I would put Lucina through her paces to determine whether or not it was a serious instrument, a kid's toy or something that would truly encourage children to start to understand today's synths and all the fun that it brings to the world of music.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, In-Depth Reviews, Keyboards & Synths and was tagged with review, roland, synth

• EBow Video

Posted on July 15, 2010 by Dan The Man

Lee demonstrates the EBow.

This post was posted in Blog entries, Dan's Video Vault, Guitars and was tagged with ebow

• Newsletter 40 is out NOW

Posted on July 12, 2010 by Absolute Music

Our latest newsletter has been released - you can have a read of it HERE and if you like it - why not sign up HERE

This post was posted in Computer Music, New Releases, Product News

• KORG KAOSS PAD KP3 REVIEW

Posted on July 12, 2010 by Absolute Music

This review kindly written by Tony Long. You can read more reviews like this, along with Tony's productions at his personal site -> Tony Long Music

Korg describe the Kaoss Pad KP3 as " More than a processor, the KP3 is a complete instrument allowing you to manage, recall, and play back samples; sample on the fly; and add dynamic processing to any audio signal or to the samples themselves". It has the X-Y touch pad to control multi -effect parameters in real time and it has been around since October 2006 and is still being widely used by musicians, producers and DJ's. It is Korg's third version of it's Kaoss Pad and I wonder as this is nearly four years old now, will there ever be a KP4? The KP3 was upgraded to Version 2 on 9th July 2009. This Kaoss Pad is not just a great hands-on effects module it is also quite a remarkable Midi controller.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, DJ Gear, In-Depth Reviews and was tagged with effects, Korg, review, tony long

• Special Presonus Newsletter OUT NOW!

Posted on July 6, 2010 by Absolute Music

Great deals on loads of Presonus Gear - not to be missed!

Check it out here

This post was posted in Blog entries

• Special PRESONUS Newsletter - out now!

Great deals on loads of Presonus Gear - not to be missed!

Check it out here
    Continue Reading

This post was posted in Computer Music, New Releases, Product News

• KORG KAOSSILATOR REVIEW

Korg Kaossilator - Review by Tony Long

When I receive a new product, the first thing I like to do is play with it without reading the manual. This is partly because I cannot wait but more importantly I want to test how use-friendly the item is. I am pleased to say that the Kaossilator was ready to go the minute I put in the four batteries and plugged in my favourite headphones. You switch her on and start to run your fingers across her touch-sensitive surface or tap away rhythmically and an assortment of cutting - edge sounds phases, flanges or auto-pans across your disbelieving ears. Why do you disbelieve? Well for a start its coming from something that is only approximately 5 x 4 inches in size.

Continue Reading

This post was posted in Blog entries, DJ Gear, In-Depth Reviews and was tagged with kaossilator, Korg, review

• Korg Wavedrum Video

Posted on July 5, 2010 by Dan The Man

Allan from The Longest Day demos the Wavedrum by Korg.

You can buy the Wavedrum HERE

This post was posted in Blog entries, Dan's Video Vault, Drums and was tagged with Korg, wavedrum

10 Items