Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition Preamp/DI
The Chandler Limited TG2 Pre Amp/DI is a recreation of the rare EMI TG12428 pre amp used in EMI/Abbey Road recording and mastering consoles in the late 60s and early 70s.
- Based closely on the original EMI TG12428 at EMI/Abbey Road studio
- Discrete transformer-balanced amplifiers produce a warm tone with clear highs and rich lows
- Both channels have 1 x XLR I/O, plus 1 x TS for high-impedance instrument-level input
- Input gain ranges from +5dB to +75dB, in 15 steps
- Both channels have +48V phantom power, a phase reverse, and an impedance switch
- Impedance switch toggles between 300 ohms and 1200 ohms, to match any mic
- Channel output gain control lets run the input gain hot for extra colour
- Read More
The sound was used on many famous recordings done at Abbey Road including The Beatles 'Abbey Road' and Pink Floyds Dark Side of the Moon.'
This microphone pre-amplifier features the same discrete transformer balanced amplifiers as the TG series limiter and offers a creamy, smooth tone with a surprisingly open, clear top end. The sound, as explained by many users, has 'warmth' and punch, but with a 'beautiful' expanded top end. In fact the unit does have a small rise in its top end frequency response and some warmth inducing distortion which contribute to its sound.
All TG units require and function on the PSU-1, Chandler Limited power supply. The PSU-1 has an internal switch for setting voltage to 120V or 220V (115V/230V).
Abbey Road Studios, EMI and TG and their associated logos are trade marks of EMI (IP) Limited.
TG2 Technical Specifications
Channels: Dual Mono
Circuit: Discrete, Transistor
Gain: +5Db To +75Db
Input Impedance: 1200 To 300 Ohm
I/O: XLR, Transformer Balanced, Pin 2 Hot
Di, 1/4 inch Unbalanced, 100K Input Impedance
All Connections Transformer Balanced Pin 2 Hot
Phantom Power: +48v
Requires Chandler Limited PSU-1 MKII power supply.