Chandler Limited TG12413 Zener Limiter
The EMI TG12413 Zener Limiter is the ultimate TG limiter issued in celebration of the 75th birthday of Abbey Road Studios.
- Gives you the feel of two classics: the Fairchild 660 and the Altec 436/RS124
- COMP 1 mode is a 2:1 ratio with slower time constants reminiscent of the Altec 436/RS124
- Limit mode is faster and designed to emulate the response curves of the revered classic Fairchild 660
- COMP 2 is a new setting that puts you halfway between the two original settings
- Note: this unit requires the Chandler Limited Power Supply
- Read More
The TG12413 Zener Limiter was conceived by Chandler Limited designer Wade Goeke and is based on the vintage EMI circuits used to record The Beatles and Pink Floyd. It continues the tradition of EMI Limiters started in 1954 with the RS114 tube limiter and the 1968 RS168 Zener Limiter. The Zener Limiters were also part of the 1969 TG12345 console channel and the 1974 TG12413. This newest version borrows from the RS168 Zener Limiter and TG12345 console strip to make a new full featured and flexible unit for modern use.
The Zener Limiter is being reissued to add features and flexibility to the powerful and vintage sounding TG limiter circuits. Wade has added many new controls including switchable input impedance for hard or soft driving of the unit, 11-position attack, 21-position release, side chain filtering, and Comp 1, Comp 2, and Limit settings.
All TG units require and function on the PSU-1, Chandler Limited power supply. The PSU-1 has an internal switch for setting voltage to 120V or 220V (115V/230V).
Abbey Road Studios, EMI and TG and their associated logos are trade marks of EMI (IP) Limited.
Zener Limiter Technical Specifications
Channels: Stereo / Dual Mono
Circuit: Discrete, Transistor
All Connections Transformer Balanced Pin 2 Hot
Requires Chandler Limited PSU-1 MKII power supply.