Bigfoot Engineering Trouble Booster Guitar Effects Pedal
Bigfoot Engineering's founder & CEO, Rhys Stubbs, comes from a long line of inventors, musicians, artists, & audio engineers. Absorbing this knowledge & experience in his formative years was instrumental in shaping his fastidious and obsessive nature concerning all things audio. Rhys designs & builds all Bigfoot pedals by hand in the UK meaning each & every one gets his personal touch & seal of approval.
- Wiinner of Guitarist Magazine Choice Award
- Hand Built in the UK
- Treble Booster with Germanium Transistors
- Buffered Bypass
- Rugged and durable lightweight enclosure
- Read More
The Trouble Booster creates its truly vintage range of overdrive tones by boosting your signal into the input of your amplifier - This results in a very pure signal path that isn't 'clipped' into distortion, but 'pushed'.
Designed around an original germanium transistor, our special circuit operates like a valve gain stage, producing a thick, warm overdriven tone as smooth and naturally compressed as a vintage amplifier.
The key to creating such fat dirty tones lies in the special way the Trouble Booster interacts with the guitar's pickups, akin to the partnership between early 1950s electric guitars and amplifiers which were sold as matching pairs.
In order to increase note definition without compromising the vintage charm, the Bright switch doesn't add treble, but removes some of the low frequency information for more detailed tones. At higher Volume settings the pedal will conjure feedback and sustain from your guitar that you never knew it was capable of.
• Designed and built in England using all-analogue circuitry and the finest quality parts.
• Housed in a rugged and lightweight aluminium enclosure which is silk-screened by hand for a great looking finish that really stands out from the crowd.
• Each pedal is hand serial numbered and chronicled in our records to protect your investment.
• Built with the professional musician in mind, the pedal can be powered either by an industry standard 9vDC power supply, or a 9v PP3 battery fitted internally. With a current draw of >2mA, you'll have no problems leaving this one on.
• We ensure you don't lose any high frequency content from your guitar when the pedal is switched off by using buffered bypass wiring.