Bigfoot Engineering Thunder Pup Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
Bigfoot Engineering's founder & CEO, Rhys Stubbs, comes from a long line of inventors, musicians, artists, & audio engineers. Absorbing this knowledge & experience in his formative years was instrumental in shaping his fastidious and obsessive nature concerning all things audio. Rhys designs & builds all Bigfoot pedals by hand in the UK meaning each & every one gets his personal touch & seal of approval.
- Wiinner of Guitarist Magazine Choice Award
- Hand Built in the UK
- 2 Types of Classic British Overdrive Tone
- Buffered Bypass
- Rugged and durable lightweight enclosure
- Read More
The Thunder Pup is not an emulation. It contains two fully fledged analogue guitar preamplifiers, based on two classic British valve amplifier designs.
The toggle switch offers two distinct flavours: The Big Amp mode has a natural low frequency compression and power supply 'sag', combined with a muscular, forward sounding lower midrange push, typical of a 4x12 stack. The Little Amp mode has a faster attack in the low frequencies, with more air in the highs, and a spring to the mids that stays cleaner for longer, typical of a 2x12 combo.
The Thunder Pup's dials react in the same way as the preamp volume and master volume controls on a classic British valve amplifier. The Gain control will increase the presence and bite by exciting the high frequencies, while the Volume control will increase the energy in the low frequencies.
• Designed and built in England using all-analogue circuitry and the finest quality parts.
• Housed in a rugged and lightweight aluminium enclosure which is silk-screened by hand for a great looking finish that really stands out from the crowd.
• Each pedal is hand serial numbered and chronicled in our records to protect your investment.
• Built with the professional musician in mind, the pedal can be powered either by an industry standard 9vDC power supply, or a 9v PP3 battery fitted internally. With a current draw of >2mA, you'll have no problems leaving this one on.
• We ensure you don't lose any high frequency content from your guitar when the pedal is switched off by using buffered bypass wiring.
- This product will be ordered in from our suppliers as required. Please contact us for availability.
This item is normally sent to Mainland UK addresses by DPD who generally provide a one-hour window of delivery on the morning of delivery by email or text message. If you need this item faster, please upgrade to a Before 12 service at checkout.
FREE delivery within mainland UK
UK Non-Mainland: £ 12
Rep. of Ireland and Mainland Europe: from £ 15 (calculated at checkout) International orders over £250 are delivered FREE except for large or heavy items. Please see our international delivery page or contact us for details.
4 Recommended Accessories
On demo in store No Brand No Condition New
|This product has no reviews yet.|