Bigfoot Engineering Octo Puss Prime Guitar Effects Pedal
Bigfoot Engineering's founder & CEO, Rhys Stubbs, comes from a long line of inventors, musicians, artists, & audio engineers. Absorbing this knowledge & experience in his formative years was instrumental in shaping his fastidious and obsessive nature concerning all things audio. Rhys designs & builds all Bigfoot pedals by hand in the UK meaning each & every one gets his personal touch & seal of approval.
- Wiinner of Guitarist Magazine Choice Award
- Hand Built in the UK
- All Analogue Fuzz and Octave
- Germanium Transistors
- Buffered Bypass
- Rugged and durable lightweight enclosure
- Read More
Say goodbye to nasally sounding octave pedals and hello to accurate tracking. Our very own audio transformer has a far superior frequency response and performance to the those found in any other analogue octave pedal in the world.
The Octo Puss Prime is wired uniquely, with the octave generator placed before the fuzz circuit. This allowed us to design a fuzz circuit that perfectly balances out the tonal losses which occur as a result of guitar's frequency being doubled by the octaver.
Our fuzz circuit has been specially voiced to tame aggressive high frequencies, fatten the lows, and increase clarity in the mids, creating an incredibly powerful rhythm tone which can track chords superbly.
Although silicon diodes are typically used in octave pedals for their abundance and cheap cost, they are less responsive to soft dynamics. We use a pair of original germanium diodes for our octave generator circuit to ensure every nuance of your playing is preserved.
• Designed and built in England using all-analogue circuitry and the finest quality parts.
• Housed in a rugged and lightweight aluminium enclosure which is silk-screened by hand for a great looking finish that really stands out from the crowd.
• Each pedal is hand serial numbered and chronicled in our records to protect your investment.
• Built with the professional musician in mind, the pedal can be powered either by an industry standard 9vDC power supply, or a 9v PP3 battery fitted internally. With a current draw of >2mA, you'll have no problems leaving this one on.
• We ensure you don't lose any high frequency content from your guitar when the pedal is switched off by using buffered bypass wiring.