Bigfoot Engineering King Fuzz Guitar Effects Pedal
Bigfoot Engineering's founder & CEO, Rhys Stubbs, comes from a long line of inventors, musicians, artists, & audio engineers. Absorbing this knowledge & experience in his formative years was instrumental in shaping his fastidious and obsessive nature concerning all things audio. Rhys designs & builds all Bigfoot pedals by hand in the UK meaning each & every one gets his personal touch & seal of approval.
- Wiinner of Guitarist Magazine Choice Award and Guitar Player Magazine Editors Pick
- Hand Built in the UK
- All Analogue Fuzz
- Buffered Bypass
- Rugged and durable lightweight enclosure
- Read More
The King Fuzz was designed to produce the same dynamic range as a valve amplifier. The circuit is structured in the same way, with several gain stages which cascade into each other to gradually and naturally introduce distortion a little at a time.
By introducing distortion into the circuit using multiple stages, the dynamic range of each component is left intact because no single one is being saturated too greatly. This means when you roll down your guitar's volume control or pick softly, the pedal has greater headroom to respond to your playing dynamics, even at extreme high gain settings.
There is an incredible range of tones available with our uniquely wired Gain control. You can dial in any amount of dirt, from the sound of a valve (tube) amplifier on the point of breakup, to an all out wall of fuzz.
The EQ curve of the King Fuzz has been meticulously designed so that it doesn't just perfectly match any guitar, it actually augments its character. Every setting exhibits a big, bold sound that will always cut through without ever becoming harsh.
• Designed and built in England using all-analogue circuitry and the finest quality parts.
• Housed in a rugged and lightweight aluminium enclosure which is silk-screened by hand for a great looking finish that really stands out from the crowd.
• Each pedal is hand serial numbered and chronicled in our records to protect your investment.
• Built with the professional musician in mind, the pedal can be powered either by an industry standard 9vDC power supply, or a 9v PP3 battery fitted internally. With a current draw of >2mA, you'll have no problems leaving this one on.
• We ensure you don't lose any high frequency content from your guitar when the pedal is switched off by using buffered bypass wiring.