As the 80s sound is back and has been creeping up in modern chart topper tracks by major artists, as well as new soundtracks for tv series and film - we couldn't hold back and had to release a drum plugin based on the hit sound of the 80s.
Retro Hit is inspired from the Pop/Dance and Rock sound of popular bands and artists from the 1980s. The plugin provides 50 Drum kits of Kicks, Snares, Hats, Cymbals, Claps, Toms, FX and Percussion, which are available as processed versions already treated with EQ, Compression and Reverb, as well as some dry versions. We wanted to provide the processed sounds too, so that producers and musicians can instantly be inspired to produce music, rather than tweaking the raw sounds from scratch - dry untreated versions are also provided for those who want to independtly tweak them. Retro Hits provides drum kits containing 12 sounds per patch; these are visible as buttons that light up when played on the GUI.
Individual control per drum is also provided for Volume and Pan. Global settings for Pitch, Reverb, Attack and Sustain are also provided. Find mixed kits, kick drums, snares, hats, cymbals, toms, percussion and fx and mixed kits as preset kits to inspire you. All of the 600+ Drum samples are also provided as .wavs to use in other samplers such as hardware samplers and also controller based beatboxes such as Akai mpc and NI machine. You can also load them in any other soft sampler of your choice, or simply place them in your audio track. You can choose your method of production, making this a very versatile library.
These samples were recorded directly from vintage drum machines namely, EMU sp12, OB- MX, LINN DRUM and Fairlight. The sounds were tracked and recorded through a selection of tube and solid state pre-amps and compressors such as NEVE 1073, Thermionic Culture Rooster, and Electrodyne pres, Distressor, Api 2500 and Drawmer 1978.
Hardware EQ, Compression and Reverbs were applied to the dry samples to re-create the original 80s vibe. These sounds will be instantly recognisable, and will inspire you to work fast and produce amazing quality sounds!
Drum Plugin with 12 Pads - Contains 600+ Drum Samples:
- 100 kick drums
- 204 reverb snares
- 103 dry snares
- 44 hats
- 30 claps
- 74 percussion
- 12 reverse sounds
- 12 Latin percussion
- 12 fx
- 18 hi-percussion
- Attack: Controls the Attack time for the amp envelope of the Entire Drum Kit
- Release: Controls the Release time for the amp envelope of the Entire Drum Kit
- Reverb: Control and add reverb for the entire ki
- Pitch: Change the tuning of the Entire Drum Kit
- Panic: Use this button to rest the current selected Drum Kit, use this in case your midi notes are stuck.
- Preset Selector Window: Use this to choose from 50 preset drum kits provided with this plugin, or use the back/forward arrows to browse the presets sequentially
Drum Pads and Controls:
- 12 Drum Pads are provided per path
- Individual controls of Volume and Panning are provided for each drum sound
The current version of this plugin provides a stereo out (L/R Channels), no multiouts are provided, but are planned for the update.
The pitch knob does not work on Logic 9 or Logic Pro X on Mac OSX; an update is being developed to fix this for Logic Pro users.
- OSX 10.6.8 or later
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz
- 2 GB RAM / 300 MB HD
- Screen resolution: 1024x768
- VST2, AU and AAX compatible (32-bit or 64-bit host)
- Windows XP SP2 or later
- AMD Athlon 64 or equivalent
- 2 GB RAM / 300 MB HD
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768
- VST2 and AAX compatible (32-bit or 64-bit host)
- Native OSX Platforms
- Native PC Platforms
- This product will be delivered electronically via email
Most purchases will be delivered in under 1 hour to your email address.
If not received please check your spam folder.