Audio Technica AT4080SM Active Ribbon Microphone (includes suspension)
With the groundbreaking AT4080, Audio-Technica achieves the coveted ribbon microphone sound while solving the problems of fragility and low output that have historically plagued ribbon mics.
- Smooth, warm and natural high-fidelity sound for professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Groundbreaking Audio-Technica ribbon design
- Classic bidirectional (figure-of-eight) polar pattern picks up sounds equally from the front and back of the element
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Acoustic baffle system and extra large output transformer provide natural low-frequency response and extended dynamic range
- Open acoustical environment of the housing assembly minimises unwanted internal reflections
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Read More
Delivering the warm, smooth sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica's handcrafted AT4080 Active Ribbon Microphone offers a robust build for long-lasting, reliable performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio-Technica's innovative MicroLinear™ ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. With 18 patents pending, Audio-Technica's innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design.