Aston Origin Cardioid Condenser Microphone
The Aston Origin is a high-performance cardioid condenser microphone utilising a one inch gold evaporated capsule.
- Wave-form mesh head - this unique design provides shock absorption to protect the capsule, with elastic mesh memory
- Built-in pop filter using the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct to stand microphone mounting
- 2mm, solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - The Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers
- PCB - market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Read More
The Aston Origin is versatile enough to use with most instruments and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its hand-selected capsule is teamed with high-end transformer-less circuitry using only the best components such as WIMA capacitors, the same devices you'll find in boutique microphones costing far more than the Origin.
The Origin is designed to deliver direct, smooth and intimate sound...for a natural and transparent recording.
Transducer Type: Condenser
Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/- 3dB)
Equivalent Noise Level: 18dB A-Weighted
Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1k ohms: 23mV/Pa
Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 127dB
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94 dB SPL): 76dB A-Weighted
Pad Switch: -10dB/0dB
Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz