Akai MPC X Standalone Music Production Centre
The Akai MPC X redefines the MPC with standalone operation, a 10 inch full colour screen and 16GB of internal storage.
- Standalone MPC - no computer required
- 10.1 inch full-color multi-touch display
- 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Link controls with OLED displays
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- User-expandable 2.5 inch SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 MIDI inputs, 4 MIDI Outputs
- 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs for the analogue control of modular gear, such as classic synths
- Read More
Modern music's evolution is intrinsically linked to the legendary Akai Professional MPC line – full-featured production and performance powerhouses that have spawned multiple genres and advanced countless existing ones. With a design often replicated but never surpassed, the Music Production Centre empowers users with an unrivalled workflow and a tangible, intuitive interface coupled with forward thinking, in-demand functionality that sets the precedence for the industry standard. Don't settle for an imitation, take control of your creative output with MPC.
New In MPC
MPC returns, armed with reimagined functionality and retaining the core workflow ethos that defined it's iconic reputation. So what's new in MPC X? Standalone functionality, CV outputs, audio track recording, clip launching, MPC 2.0 Software and much more. This isn't just the next generation of MPCs, this is a turning point in self-contained creative capability.
MPC doesn't just complement your workflow, it enhances it. With MPC X the convenience of touch-screen control, full-featured functionality and standalone capability fuses with Akai Professional's iconic velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB 16-pad format. The result? Immersive, self-contained production and performance solutions meticulously designed for unprecedented creative expression without limitation.
Precision engineered to enhance your creative flow, the MPC X's arsenal of hardware controls redefines the studio centrepiece standard. 16 velocity- and pressure-sensitive backlit RGB pads provide iconic MPC response, faithfully capturing every subtle nuance of your performance. 16 touch-sensitive 360-degree Q-Links with OLED displays seamlessly map to critical parameters, with user-selectable mapping functionality for a completely personalised experience. 66 buttons provide direct hardware access to all aspects of the user interface, catering for any workflow preference.
The MPC X forms the beating heart of your creativity, offering harmonious integration with your existing setup thanks to an ensemble of studio-grade inputs and outputs. 8 balanced outputs connect to virtually all peripheral studio equipment for uncompromised signal routing and monitoring capability. Plus, a combination of XLR, ¼-inch high-Z, balanced ¼-inch, and Turntable RCA inputs, plus switchable phantom power (+48v), direct hardware monitoring, interactive VU metering, dual ¼-inch & 1/8-inch headphone outputs and pristine high-resolution capture ensures rapid assimilation into your setup and an unprecedented production experience.
Radiant High-Definition Display
Centre-stage on the MPC X is a high-definition, full colour 10.1-inch fully articulating multi-touch display, conveniently outfitted with 8 lockable positions. Immersive yourself in a world of intuitive gesture based control of your production on the largest screen ever fitted to an MPC to date.
Whether you prefer working in the box or dream of a truly unleashed production experience, MPC X effortlessly transforms from a formidable standalone production centre to a high-powered MIDI controller. Natively powering MPC in standalone mode is MPC 2.0 Software, fully loaded with critical in-demand production and performance capability. Connect MPC X to your Mac or PC, load MPC software as a plugin into your DAW of choice - or as a standalone application - and harness the undeniable power and creative scope of VST-instruments and effects. Whatever your preference, MPC X redefines expectations for control, seamlessly accommodating the most stringent of needs with ease.
As standard MPC X ships with 16GB of internal Micro SD storage. Seeking to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? MPC X features a 2.5 inch SATA drive connector providing expanded storage via external hard drive – SSD or HDD. Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive.
With MPC X, harnessing the power and of your modular systems, sound modules, drum machines and synthesisers couldn't be easier. Fusing a raft of premium control sources, an on-board 2-in/4-out MIDI interface plus 8 configurable CV outputs, take control of your outboard equipment using MPC X's unmatched sequencing capability. Plus, the MPC X's 2 USB 2.0 inputs adds further customisation and workflow enhancements providing support for external keyboards, mice and generic USB MIDI devices.
Infinite Sounds, Unlimited Inspiration
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. The MPC X is no exception. Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class content, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from leading sound design companies including Capsun Audio, MVP Loops, TOOLROOM, CR2 Records, Loopmasters as well as our own meticulously crafted sounds.
MPC Software Introduction
Redefining the creative vista and driving MPC X and MPC Live in standalone and controller modes is Akai Professional's reimagined MPC 2.0 Software: a cutting-edge production suite combining 128-track sequencing capability, real-time time stretching, clip-launch functionality, advanced MIDI editing capability, VST compatibility in controller mode, operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC, advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality, seamless DAW integration, a redesigned GUI and much more. Whether you're seeking freedom from computer based music production, or searching for the perfect controller for DAW-centric creative exploration, MPC 2.0 Software grants the ultimate in adaptive creative versatility.
Refine your flow and spark your creativity with Clip Programs in MPC 2.0 Software. Armed with an advanced real-time time-stretching / pitch shifting algorithm, and supporting Toggle/One Shot launch modes, loop-specific RGB pad colour configurations, automatic BPM detection and automatic tempo lock, MPC 2.0 Software's clip launch functionality grants a truly inspirational production platform and an unleashed performance experience.
The Power Of Audio Tracks
Capture, edit and mix up to 8 studio-grade resolution audio tracks in standalone mode, or expand your track limit to an immense 128 tracks in controller mode. Furnished with critical audio recording functionality - including multi-track capture, selectable monitoring options (Off, On & Auto), monitoring via effects, Punch In/Out Recording and Record Start options – MPC empowers producers, musicians and performers with core audio-capture and the convenience of full-featured standalone operation.
Now in MPC, cutting-edge audio editing capability fuses with intuitive gesture-based touch control thanks to an all-new suite of audio editing essentials. Combining Pointer, Eraser, Audition, Marquee and Scissors tools, seamlessly edit audio with the rapid, tactile ease-of-use found on smartphones and tablets. Take total-command of your audio with MPC 2.0 Software's array of processing options – including Fade In, Fade Out, Reverse, Mute, Pitch Adjust and BPM Adjust – and perfectly tailor your audio to your most stringent needs.
MPC 2.0 Software's redesigned GUI offers a vastly improved creative experience that enhances MPC's revered workflow. Combining a reimagined mixer layout outfitted with resizable faders, an adaptive channel strip, a dedicated audio track editing window, resizable waveform view and much more, MPC 2.0 Software presents the ultimate platform for unrestricted creative versatility alongside must-have tools that deliver unprecedented surgical control.
MPC Software System Requirements
MAC: Dual-Core CPU, 2.5GHz or better and 4GB RAM (8GB Recommended)
WIN: Dual-Core CPU, 2.5GHz or better and 4GB RAM (8GB Recommended)
Storage: 2GB free space for MPC Software (Excluding content)
New in MPC Software 2.3
The new 2.3 update introduces a number of powerful production and performance features, most notably three virtual analogue plugin instruments, the AIR TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric.
TubeSynth emulates the sound of classic vintage analogue polysynths packaged with five integrated AIR effects, with all critical controls relayed in pristine detail via a custom GUI on MPC Live's and MPC X's radiant touch screen. Created by AIR Music Tech, TubeSynth is based on the same advanced analogue modelling technology found in their highly acclaimed desktop plugin synth Vacuum Pro, with a layout meticulously designed for maximum tweak-ability via the MPC Q-Links. The Tubesynth comes packaged with a comprehensive factory library of cutting edge pre-sets including sumptuous pads, hard-hitting plucks, thunderous basses and screaming lead sounds.
• Flexible 3 Oscillator architecture features noise, saw, square, pulse and triangle waveforms
• Two different unison engines offer extended possibilities for thickening the timbre of any patch. Doubling thickens any patch by creating a detuned copy of the original. The Oscillator 1 Quad section is perfect for creating powerful Supersaw and other unison waveforms from a single oscillator
• Customise the harmonic content of Oscillator 2 using the voice level EQ and Drive parameters. For example, set Oscillator 2 to Saw, Oscillator 2 Keytrack to 100 %, and Oscillator 2 EQ Frequency to around 88Hz. Now increase the Oscillator 2 EQ Gain to boost the fundamental harmonic of each voice thickening the overall sound. Decreasing the Oscillator 2 EQ Gain value will decrease the amplitude of the fundamental harmonic creating a thinner timbre. Experiment with different Oscillator 2 Frequency values to accentuate different harmonics
• Oscillator 1 and 2 Env Shape parameter allows you to modulate the shape of each oscillator with the Filter Envelope
• Lowpass Filter featuring a continuously variable slope with pre and post distortion.
• Polyphonic Glide/Portamento for polyphonic pitch slides between chords.
• Envelopes are included for Filter and Amp with a third specialist ramp envelope that can be assigned to different modulation destinations
• Two LFO's featuring Sine, Square, Saw Up, Saw Down, Pump, Sample and Hold and Drift waveforms. The LFO's can be synchronised to the sequencer clock or free running and a dedicated Fade parameter enables the LFO's to fade in or out
• Explore a wide range of timbral possibilities with the Oscillator section's Ring Modulation parameter. The amount of Ring Modulation can itself be modulated by LFO2, or via one of the assignable Sources in the Mod 1 section, perfect for continuously evolving pad sounds
• AIR Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Compressor and Hype EQ included for enhanced sound design
• Almost 300 patches provide a wide selection of Synth, Lead, Pluck, Pad, Bass, Organ & FX presets
The AIR Bassline emulates the sound of classic mono synths with a contemporary twist. Including four integrated AIR effects as well as two built-in distortion algorithms.
• Flexible oscillator with continuously variable waveshape including octave saw, saw, square and sine waveforms
• Sub and fifth oscillators for thicker layered timbres.
• Lowpass and Highpass filters.
• Over 150 presets.
The AIR Electric emulates the sound of classic electric pianos.
• Dedicated Pickup, Envelope, Bell and Noise parameter sections provide a huge amount of flexibility to configure the timbre of the electric piano sound.
• Five AIR effects Tremolo, Tube distortion, Chorus, Delay and Spring Reverb.
• Over 80 presets.
MPC has always remained synonymous with sampling, but MPC Software 2.3 takes traditional standalone sampling techniques to new heights thanks to an all-new Autosampler, an ultra-convenient tool allowing producers and performers to capture and convert any plugin pre-set or external instrument pre-set into a keygroup sampler patch. No fuss, no hassle. With MPC Software 2.3, taking your favourite synth collection wherever you go has never been simpler!
Always evolving to set new precedents for the industry standard, MPC Software 2.3 also includes numerous performance and workflow enhancements designed to route your focus on what's important – your production. With Crossfade Looping, users can now crossfade in real-time during sample playback, plus a real-time arpeggiator and phrase player provides greater scope for creative exploration. Whatever your production discipline MPC Software 2 doesn't disappoint – change up your workflow and add the power of MPC to your production!
Other notable additions in 2.3 include:
• Q-Link navigation - In the Grid and Audio Editors when the Q-Links are in Screen mode users can now use Q-Link 4 to Zoom, Q-Link 3 to Scroll the viewport and Q-Link 2 to control the playhead. Note the layout is slightly different between the desktop software and the Standalone variants. In Standalone Mode the Q-Links for Zoom and Scroll are only present in Grid Edit or Audio Edit whereas in the Desktop Software they are present in Main Mode, Track View, Next Sequence.
• Mode Selection - Menu + Pad shortcut to select the desired Mode. Simply hold down Menu and tap a pad to select a mode.
• There is now a Preference option to toggle displaying multiple plugin windows off. Go to Preferences > General > Allow Multiple Plugin Windows.
• Plugin instruments and plugin effects preset support - You can now save and load plugin presets. In the desktop software, open an instrument or effects plugin editing window. At the top of the window is a new tool bar with a preset drop down menu, to the right of that is a drop down menu with the option to Save or Load a plugin preset. A number of third party VST plugins expose a bank of presets that MPC can read - where this is the case, MPC will automatically populate the plugin presets list with those exposed by the plugin. On the TUI the functionality for browsing, saving and loading plugin instruments can be found on the Program Edit toolbar and for plugin effects in the Insert Effects Editor.
• Internal Akai Effects now have all new TUI Plugin Editors and factory presets.
• Split Events - You can now easily split note events, this is useful for creating intricate hi-hat parts or quintuplet/sextuplet motifs or drum beats. In the desktop software, go to Edit > Track > Split Event and choose from the available options. From the TUI, select a note in Grid Edit, then from Main Mode's Track section press the pencil tool to bring up the Track Edit overlay and choose Split Note Events.
• Mode Selection shortcut - Holding Menu and pressing a pad can now be used as a shortcut to select a mode. The pads follow the 4 x 4 layout of the Mode Menu.